4th Order Design

cyn
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Okay who wants to design a 4th order for me.. would like to have the design by friday..

1 Sub = Re Audio 12" HC 03 model

1 Amp = AQ1200.1 wired at 1ohm

car: 07 Imapla LT - seats don't fold down

space to use: 36W x 14D x 16H

Want a lot of air movement... but I want it to be non-peaky

its easy, do a 2:1 ratio which means for every 1 cubic foor sealed you would do 2 ported then tune the ported section to 40-50 hz

for your sub i would do 1 cube sealed 2 cubes ported at 45 hz, use re box calculator to make the ported section or the12volt.com

also bandpass designs have a pretty wide band width

---------- Post added at 12:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 AM ----------

tune it to 42 for a lower response and more air movement //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Ummm... I would never use RE Calculator... and there is a lot more into designing a 4th than a 2 to 1 ratio...

I know how to use Bass Box Pro and WinISD... just would like someone that does this all the time and can get more detailed in the design than I can with everything else

Why not hit up one of the box designers on the forum. Not every sub will perform well in a 4th order. The Fs looks fine, but the qts is rather low for a 4th order. That sub will probably perform better in a ported or 6th order.

Why not hit up one of the box designers on the forum. Not every sub will perform well in a 4th order. The Fs looks fine, but the qts is rather low for a 4th order. That sub will probably perform better in a ported or 6th order.
Well Buck was designing the box for me till he got sick... and most everyone else usually takes a week or more to do a design

From my understanding, drivers that work well in 4th orders have a lower Fs (which your sub has) as well as a qts of .5 or higher. I would maybe ask for a 6th order design, or just go with a regular ported.

As stated above .50 or higher for qts. You can also use the drivers EBP, which is Fs/Qes. I believe if EBP is less than 70 go 4th order and greater than 70 go 6th order, but not positive on that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.