4th Order Design

As stated above .50 or higher for qts. You can also use the drivers EBP, which is Fs/Qes. I believe if EBP is less than 70 go 4th order and greater than 70 go 6th order, but not positive on that.
For a 6th order how would you tune the inside port... higher or lower than the outside port? Say I want to hit from 20-60hz would I do a 35-40 inside 40-50 outside or?

Not all subs perform well in bandpass. I can say from my experience, provided you know what your vehicle accoustics add and take away from response, winISD is quite accurate predicted vs. measured response.

Not all subs perform well in bandpass. I can say from my experience, provided you know what your vehicle accoustics add and take away from response, winISD is quite accurate predicted vs. measured response.
With bandpass enclosures as well? I've never really used WINISD for bandpass before.. As another few posters mentioned though, the RE HC 12 really doesn't lend itself very well to a 4th order alignment. 4th order subs tend to be higher Q and lower fs as the rear of the driver is sealed, so unless your driver plays loud and low in a sealed box, it won't do much better in a 4th order. Anyway, PWK does very good bandpass designs if your looking for some semblance of SQ in your design.. IMO, he'd be the way to go for you even though the designs are somewhat expensive, he really does do a good job. If you tell him you want good air movement with a flat response he can build something to suit your needs. He is quick too as long as you do rush status, less than a week from start to finish IME.

With bandpass enclosures as well? I've never really used WINISD for bandpass before.. As another few posters mentioned though, the RE HC 12 really doesn't lend itself very well to a 4th order alignment. 4th order subs tend to be higher Q and lower fs as the rear of the driver is sealed, so unless your driver plays loud and low in a sealed box, it won't do much better in a 4th order. Anyway, PWK does very good bandpass designs if your looking for some semblance of SQ in your design.. IMO, he'd be the way to go for you even though the designs are somewhat expensive, he really does do a good job. If you tell him you want good air movement with a flat response he can build something to suit your needs. He is quick too as long as you do rush status, less than a week from start to finish IME.
Might do that later..... Think i'm just going to design myself a nice big ported box and see what I can get moving in through the rear deck blow through...

And I'm also changing this 12 into a 15 with upgraded parts and so forth so the specs will change when I do that.

Thanks Everyone for the help

well then someone design me up a freaking 6th order for this bish... I'll try it out hell... why not... one of the few I haven't tried yet...

I want it to murder lows for sure

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.