Filler for perforated steel grill?

Participant count
  • Participant list

richericks
10+ year member

Oregon
I have built a false floor over the sub in the back of my car and am using perforated steel as a grill over the opening for the sub. The steel it tacked in place, but I would like to go around the edges of the grill with a filler to smooth it out and create a transition from grill to MDF. Any recommendations on a good product for this? The floor will get a layer of carpet to finish it off.

Thanks!

Dyna lite is sold at Oriely's or autozone I can't recall, Probably both. A gallon will most likely be cheaper in the long run, the quart or whatever is typically only slightly cheaper than the gallon.

what about the multi-purpose bondo brand kits they sell at home depot it sets up fast and cuts well with sandpaper and takes paint well too.

Dyna lite is comparable IMO to Rage gold.. Albeit Rage is better but the Dyna lite is leaps and bounds better than Bondo. I've used both but prefer Dyna Lite for the availability, most places around here do not carry it. Rather than ordering it off the net I just pick up a can of dyna lite and it does the work

Ok. How about 3M Platinum Plus filler in terms of this project? I went to the Sherwin Williams Automotive store nearby and they had this in a small tub for $8. Everything else was $25 on up. It's a pretty small project and I just didn't need that much. Haven't opened it yet. Could still get the other stuff.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

richericks

10+ year member
richericks
Oregon
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from