using sketchup...

RangerDangerV2
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
st cloud MN
so im starting to really get sketchup down.. but im having issues.. when I draw my sub cutouts they still stay part of the plane... so if I want to add color to the plane that the cut outs are on they take the color too... or if I want to see the inside of my box... its the same thing for my port openings... how do I fix this..

Go to school and learn CAD //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
^^ THIS^^//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/santa.gif.e1ec9cf2e0a0dd232ad35aa594a126d0.gif

well start off building each panel as in sketch up as you would in the real world one of them at a time.

for the holes all you have to do is use the height adjustment tool and hit the middle of the circle and start pulling it down, then enter .75 and it should drop down and be gone as needed.

well start off building each panel as in sketch up as you would in the real world one of them at a time.

for the holes all you have to do is use the height adjustment tool and hit the middle of the circle and start pulling it down, then enter .75 and it should drop down and be gone as needed.

ya gotta explode the thing or create the holes before you make it a group. This gave me fits when I very first tried sketchup. Im still a total noob but I can make a hole now :p

ya gotta explode the thing or create the holes before you make it a group. This gave me fits when I very first tried sketchup. Im still a total noob but I can make a hole now :p
drag the push pull tool sideways when you are trying to make a hole.

I have yet to need to pay for a cad program when sketch up is free and will do as much as you need for an enclosure.

37.png

klipschclonetower1.png

livingroomthree1.png

drag the push pull tool sideways when you are trying to make a hole.
I tried it all after watching the basic tutorial. To the side, to the backside. I tried everything and the only thing that worked was exploding or creating the hole before I made my baffle a group. Im not complaining. I got that part down now :) Now Im workin on making pvc elbows :p

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.