4th order bandpass enclosure help

even if the trunk is really big, 2 15s 4th order in a trunk is kind of stretching it, unless you build it inside the trunk and take out the spare tire compartment. I wish you the best of luck though. the 2:1 is a solid choice and gives you a pretty good handling and bandwidth. the 2.5 : 1 has the potential to be a lot more peaky depending on the tuning.
I too have a design for 2 bandpassed 15's in a trunk. It will not be a blow through however. Each sub will also get its own box due to a small trunk opening.

My setup will be 1.52cuf ported and 1.7cuf sealed after all displacements. 65hz tuning. It was modeled with my cars resonance frequency and cabin gain in mind. Can't wait to build it! wooooo hoooooo!

I've heard a lot of negative reactions across the board with a forth order in a trunk so I think I'm just gonna try to do a ported box with the port going threw my blow threw in my rear deck

good call.
How the hell is that a good call.

Ported setups need the cone to take care of upper bass frequencies and the port deals with the lower frequencies. A blow through ported will give you lows, and no highs, especially in a Benz.

I had the same issue designing a ported setup in a trunk with 2 15's. I found that I couldn't load the cones and the ports off of the same wall, so I chose to go with a 4th order instead.

It's actually going in a trunk of a Benz but has a custom fiberglass rear deck with a big blow threw
Unless you are planning to take out the back seat so the port blows through a huge opening like that i wouldn't do it, all you're going to do regardless of how big the cutout on the rear deck is it's just going to greatly bottleneck the output from the box. 70-80% of the energy created will never leave the trunk.

How the hell is that a good call.
Ported setups need the cone to take care of upper bass frequencies and the port deals with the lower frequencies. A blow through ported will give you lows' date=' and no highs, especially in a Benz.

I had the same issue designing a ported setup in a trunk with 2 15's. I found that I couldn't load the cones and the ports off of the same wall, so I chose to go with a 4th order instead.[/quote']

its purely space wise, and the highs part, you can always tune a lil bit higher have the subs up and port to the rear to remedy the highs. its going to be difficult fitting the necessary space in his trunk, those subs might suffocate in a 4th order which can severely impact the sound.

The cut blow threw is only like 14x10 . I just would like how everyone else would is more output I have them in a prefab sealed now that's only 4.4 cube and seals rec is 3 per but I would love to hit more low then high but I want my cake and eat it to

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.