4th Order Bandpass. 8" woofer

Participant count
  • Participant list
It varies based on the sub. Really it depends on xmax and piston area.

Low xmax subs don't need as much port area, same for smaller diameter subs.

It pretty much is the result of the total volume the sub can displace being shoved through the port. The smaller the port the higher the port air velocity. At certain points it turns into noise.

Too much port area results in a narrow bandwidth before the port unloads. That narrow bandwidth can result in excellent efficiency inside that bandwidth. Think burp box.

15in² is what I try and use for regular 15-25mm x-max subs. Aeros I run 7-10 usually to save space

Now what about doubling subs, should the port area be doubled when subs are?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

Similar threads

is this a ported enclosure or a 4th order? If 4th and tuned to 33hz, unless specifically designed to do that, it wont have any bandwidth. It might...
I’m going to stick with the 4th order bandpass for now and see if it can improve it. The bandpass actually plays 100 rebased songs good.
I hope you didn’t misInterpret my last message.. I was excited that I actually understand what you’re talking about… Lol! I will level with you. I...
you may like them facing forward rather than Rear faced. Its all about how you like and enjoy by your ear/listening not others. try Both...

About this thread

Jake321

CarAudio.com Recruit
Jake321
Hawaii
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from