4ohm stable 2-ch at a 2ohm load, will it take it?

Will a Hifonics ZXI6006 (600RMS @ 4ohms bridged) handle 500rms @ 2ohms?

• Yes

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
    Participant count
  • Participant list

Supergumby5000
5,000+ posts

Project: F350 begins...
Pullman, WA
Im putting a little system in my girlfriends car. two kenwood KFC-W2511's that i got for $50 shipped, a Pioneer DEH-P3000IB, and i have a Hifonics ZXI6006 sitting here.

Anyways, the subs are single 4-ohm, so i can wire them into a 2 or 8 ohm load. The ZXi is rated at 600RMS bridged @ 4 ohms.

Think i can squeak 500 @ 2 ohms out of it? Vote!

either way im going to give it a try. If it goes into protect, i'll just buy a matching kenwood amp.

I had an old kenwood KAC-720S that i took out of my sisters boyfriends wrecked car, and ran that at 1 ohm and never went into protect, and it was rated for 4 ohm bridged as well. This is what has me pondering

should be ok, might as well try like your sayin. just adjust the gain where she cant crank the **** out of it
Yeah the gain will be set for the amp to push 600RMS at maximum volume on the HU. She usually doesnt listen to music at full crank anyways though, so im not too worried.

Yeah the gain will be set for the amp to push 600RMS at maximum volume on the HU. She usually doesnt listen to music at full crank anyways though, so im not too worried.
and maybe have it out in the open where it can cool off, it might get a little warmer than it should and probably shouldnt be closed up somewhere

and maybe have it out in the open where it can cool off, it might get a little warmer than it should and probably shouldnt be closed up somewhere
going to be mounted on the front of the box, in the trunk of a jetta. i dont think cooling will get any better than that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Supergumby5000

5,000+ posts
Project: F350 begins...
Supergumby5000
Pullman, WA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies