4HP Help, Need Surround/Basket spacers

Honestly, for the amount of money that you're going to spend, it might be option to reconsider the assembly. Possibly tear it down and take out the extra spacer.
If you plan on using a machine shop, measure the height of the space very carefully or you will run into some major issues with the cone or surround.

Tuan
Thanks Tuan

Dude.... 3/8" its a big gap between the surround and the basket //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
If the parts are already glued (spiders/spacers/coil/cone) there's nothing that you can do because the only way to make the recone fit, will be if you remove and remplace the spider/spacer of the bottom BUT if you do that, you will give the coil a different aligment on the Top Plate thats assuming it's already set in the midle, Otherwise you need to set it up first and then deal with the other parts. AND The other way to do it is using another cone style which I would do if you haven't glued the cone yet...
What about removing the bottom spider spacer and putting a standoff spacer between the basket and motor to compensate? Does that make any sense? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Tuan

What about removing the bottom spider spacer and putting a standoff spacer between the basket and motor to compensate? Does that make any sense? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif
Tuan
Yeah! It makes more sence but I was assuming he wants to keep the QCA Rings working and be able to try different Assemblies with the Motors...

Regardless The best way to make them work correctly without damage the softparts will be using the correct cone, I'm assuming againg the assys was build for a dish cone (tc style)or any other shorter cone...

Yeah! It makes more sence but I was assuming he wants to keep the QCA Rings working and be able to try different Assemblies with the Motors... Regardless The best way to make them work correctly without damage the softparts will be using the correct cone, I'm assuming againg the assys was build for a dish cone (tc style)or any other shorter cone...
You're right...shorter cone is the best solution.

Tuan

find a shop that has many different sizes of pipes and tubes. im sure they can hoook you up with a pipe that will have the right ID and OD and cut it to the proper thickness for you. place i whent to to find a custom stand for my drill press did just this and they had very large thick wallld pipes that im sure are a standard. call around or look in ur phonebook.

then all you need to do with that slug is drill the 8 mounting holes for the screws and ur good to go.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.