45 RMS speakers to 80 RMS amp per channel

Drifter mike

CarAudio.com Recruit
Greece
Hello,
I have a TRF M600.4AB amplifier which power is 80 watt RMS per channel (at 4 ohms) and i want to connect to it my front speakers (JBL Stage 2 604C) which are 45 watt RMS and 4 ohms. Is this possible or the speakers will be blown up? Do i necessarily have to buy new speakers above 80 watt RMS?

Should not hurt anything. Set your gains correctly as well as you crossover points

I'm running 150w to each of my 50w tweeters and 150w to each 80w mid never an issue.

But set the gains incorrectly or crossovers too low and you will burn them up

Your JBL speakers should be able to take a bit more power if you cross them over higher, but bear in mind they're rated 45W for a reason and I generally maintain that if you have to come in here and ask about it you probably have no business trying to over-drive loudspeakers beyond the manufacture recommendations.

Thank you guys for the info! When i set the gains and other stuff on the amp i will do this by ear? It is actually my first car audio setup and i have no idea how to do it .

Hello,
I have a TRF M600.4AB amplifier which power is 80 watt RMS per channel (at 4 ohms) and i want to connect to it my front speakers (JBL Stage 2 604C) which are 45 watt RMS and 4 ohms. Is this possible or the speakers will be blown up? Do i necessarily have to buy new speakers above 80 watt RMS?
how are the JBL speakers? worth a try? i want something for SQ/clarity and thinking abt pioneer, jbl/infinity, hertz etc. still cant decide.

how are the JBL speakers? worth a try? i want something for SQ/clarity and thinking abt pioneer, jbl/infinity, hertz etc. still cant decide.

They are good speakers which will surely improve the sound quality of your car and add some more bass. By setting your head units equalizer you will have great and clean sound even at max volume. But don't expect crazy things without an amplifier. In a few days i will connect the JBL speakers to an amp and i will let you know how they perform with extra power.

They are good speakers which will surely improve the sound quality of your car and add some more bass. By setting your head units equalizer you will have great and clean sound even at max volume. But don't expect crazy things without an amplifier. In a few days i will connect the JBL speakers to an amp and i will let you know how they perform with extra power.
i already have a complete sound system with 4 pioneer champion series speakers, 4 deaf bonce midrange speaker, dual pioneer sub, 6 tweeters and 3 amps. now want to add 2 or 4 more speakers behind the back seat for clear/sq music.

i already have a complete sound system with 4 pioneer champion series speakers, 4 deaf bonce midrange speaker, dual pioneer sub, 6 tweeters and 3 amps. now want to add 2 or 4 more speakers behind the back seat for clear/sq music.
Id look at some Mids for behind the seats, or Mid Bass/ raw drivers

Id look at some Mids for behind the seats, or Mid Bass/ raw drivers
Here in mauritius, don't think there's midbass. We have pioneer, deaf bonce and hertz midrange. Pioneer being less expensive but harsh at high volume. But why midrange given that full range with high pass frequency will cover all the spectrum from vocal to tweeters?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...