4 channel SQ Amplifiers

Participant count
  • Participant list

flips

Canada
Hello all, I've been out of Car Audio since probably the early part of the 2000's, but I recently got fed up with bad quality audio and decided to put together a reasonable priced SQ geared system. I'm going to be powering 2 Eclipse SE8365's and 2 MB Quart OKC116's. Both sets are rating 80W Peak, 40 RMS. I've been looking at lots of Amps from the Infinity Reference 475A, to the MB Quart OA400, OA600 and OA800's. I'm not sure if these amps are good for my application so I'm reaching out. Back in the day I'd find the first 4 channel Eclipse Amp I could find, but they are not too common anymore, neither are the old Nakamichi USA made amps I was also familiar with. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Really depends on your budget. But there is a nice helix amp for sale on the forums here and a ground zero uranium amp. Both are great sq amps if your thinking about possibly a small sub to. Then I have a new alpine Pdx v9 for sale But the other two amps are burg great choices

I have no need for subs and sub amp, running a 1200W Eclipse sub (forgot the model number) with an 1100 Eclipse AB Amp (again forgot the model number) so that part I'm happy with. I'd just like to be able to hear more than just the bass (also the speakers mentioned above have not been installed yet, waiting on the amp).

This might sound cheap, but I recently found good deals on both sets of speakers. I'm looking to spend $100-150 Canadian (hopefully including shipping) but may stretch to a max of around $200 if I find something I can't refuse. I have been checking ebay and online stores/deals I come across and the Infinity 475A mentioned I found as a store demo used sale for $125.00, but see it's $149.99 new from Sonic Electronix (was hesitant to list my budget for fear of getting people asking more than they might otherwise, but oh well, lol)

Last edited by a moderator:
This might sound cheap, but I recently found good deals on both sets of speakers. I'm looking to spend $100-150 Canadian (hopefully including shipping) but may stretch to a max of around $200 if I find something I can't refuse. I have been checking ebay and online stores/deals I come across and the Infinity 475A mentioned I found as a store demo used sale for $125.00, but see it's $149.99 new from Sonic Electronix (was hesitant to list my budget for fear of getting people asking more than they might otherwise, but oh well, lol)
No I understand if sonic will ship to you then that might be one of your best options But I can tell you the infinity amps are what they used to be. But for $125. Prolly not bad

Are or Aren't what they used to be, the way I was reading that I think you meant the latter, in which case I may want to do a bit more research first and possibly let the $125 local deal go. I'm seeing about the $100-125 mark for those MB Quart Amplifier I mentioned earlier, how would they compare to the Infinity? Have MB Quart kept their quality or have they fallen off since the early 2000's as well?

Used/old school is not something I'm opposed to (just haven't found much yet). Open to all suggestions at the moment, in researching stage. Thanks

Try boston acoustics....they still have some four channel amps that they sell direct. They have both new, & refurbished units. I saw a refurbished GT-475 for $170, a GTA-704 for $89, and a GTA-504 for $99. I was recently looking for an amp for my daughter's car.

Try boston acoustics....they still have some four channel amps that they sell direct. They have both new, & refurbished units. I saw a refurbished GT-475 for $170, a GTA-704 for $89, and a GTA-504 for $99. I was recently looking for an amp for my daughter's car.
I will take a look at those ones, thanks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.