4 Boss P156DVC Phantom 15" ported design help

Status
Not open for further replies.
so 2 quality subs will flex harder then 4 boss audio even with way less cone area being pushed?
more than likely yes. these are not anywhere near the same lvl as a quality built sub designed to do what we expect it to do

all the people that say there garbage are you sayn this out of personal experience?
Probably everyone saying that has used similar. Every couple months there's a new all show no go 30$ china special.... they're all the same, poor performance, horrible quality control, high failure rate and 0 resale value.

if each sub only gets 500 rms each then that's 2000 also that video i posted is similar to my car so im thinking i could make it work.. i mean this aint my dream build.. this is my budget build.. people i talked to online are saying the same thing that if there hooked up right there is no distortion an is actually a decent sub.. also saying to stay away from there amps
I wonder what the guys online that say these are great are comparing against.

im gonna try an keep stock electrical only doin the big 3 no alternator
Well on the bright side, if you shop for amps the way you shop for subs your stock electrical will be fine to power "2000W" amp.

Seems like you're dead set in wasting a bunch of time, money, and materials into this build. Go for it, hell, go all the way and do the manufacturer reccomended 1.5 cube box..... get yourself on a meter and let us know how it pans out for you. I'd wager you'll make a setup like that youtube video and be blown away in the lanes by guys with a single 12.

I embarrassed some kid with two of those same 15" subs a while back.... And I only have one 15". It was built by ^that guy^....

Might wanna listen to him.

Probably everyone saying that has used similar. Every couple months there's a new all show no go 30$ china special.... they're all the same, poor performance, horrible quality control, high failure rate and 0 resale value.

I wonder what the guys online that say these are great are comparing against.

Well on the bright side, if you shop for amps the way you shop for subs your stock electrical will be fine to power "2000W" amp.

Seems like you're dead set in wasting a bunch of time, money, and materials into this build. Go for it, hell, go all the way and do the manufacturer reccomended 1.5 cube box..... get yourself on a meter and let us know how it pans out for you. I'd wager you'll make a setup like that youtube video and be blown away in the lanes by guys with a single 12.
i really doubt a single 12 would be louder then 4 15s.. again are you saying this from personal experience with these subs? im still un sure about what im going with

different setups im considering

4 15s boss audio

1 Re Audio Sx18d4 18

2 Re Audio SEX15D2 *** 15d2

2 Power Acoustik MOFO 15-Inch Competition

i really doubt a single 12 would be louder then 4 15s.. again are you saying this from personal experience with these subs? im still un sure about what im going with

4 15s boss audio

1 Re Audio Sx18d4 18

2 Power Acoustik MOFO 15-Inch Competition
No to all of those... And if you saw what kinda twelve that guy can build...

[quote name='PIMPSLAPN']i really doubt a single 12 would be louder then 4 15s.. again are you saying this from personal experience with these subs? im still un sure about what im going with

4 15s boss audio

1 Re Audio Sx18d4 18

2 Power Acoustik MOFO 15-Inch Competition[/QUOTE]

The guys on this forum can build a 10" louder than all of those...
@SPLaudio ;

Last edited by a moderator:
From personal experience... I went from.. 2 dual (the cheap plexiglass box walmart subs) to 2 phantom 15" subs pushed with 1800rms to each and they got hot very quickly and smelt bad. Then I went to a 500 rms to 2 kenwood excelon subs and it sounded MUCH better, then I went to 2000rms to 2 pioneer champion pros, it got loud. Then I listened around the forums and I've dabbled with some SA 12's, some JL, and some other brands which are leaps and bounds better.

alot of **** talking but no suggestions or personal experience..
We don't have personal expieriences with boss because we all know they are junk. Here is a suggestion do a search. There is lots if good budget subs out there. What kind of car or truck do you have and what's your full budget for everything, batts , alt, wire , enclosure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

PIMPSLAPN

10+ year member
PIMPSLAPN
MI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied