4 10 inch subs or 2 12 inch subs

and no i really dont have the sufficient airspace to go with the 4 10's (I have a lincoln ls) so i'm going with 2 12's guys I have another question........What is the difference if a go with a partition inside my enclosure or no partition at all somone please explain to me what sounds best. I know most go with the partition in order for the subs not to have any crosstalk but tell me the likes and dislikes
Four sealed tens shouldn't take up any more space than a pair of sealed twelves.

A box without a partition would be easier to build and would be slightly smaller. Also, you don't run the risk of tuning each chamber to a slightly different frequency, and inducing cancellation into your setup. However, a box with a single chamber would be slightly less rigid, and if one of your subs goes out, the other one then has to work with double the airspace and a totally different tuning. Otherwise, the two should sound exactly the same given equal specs.

Four sealed tens shouldn't take up any more space than a pair of sealed twelves.
A box without a partition would be easier to build and would be slightly smaller. Also, you don't run the risk of tuning each chamber to a slightly different frequency, and inducing cancellation into your setup. However, a box with a single chamber would be slightly less rigid, and if one of your subs goes out, the other one then has to work with double the airspace and a totally different tuning. Otherwise, the two should sound exactly the same given equal specs.
i understand but as far as power i really dont have that much so yes i think i will go with two twelves. What i prolly will do is buy another amp just like the one i already have and run 1 amp per sub in a ported box the tens were just an idea i had been playing with for a while. Most guys say that they will have almost the same output, each different setup as far as my trunk space

oh and by the way im running kenwood excelon h/u, 4 channel and monoblock. I plan on running kenwood excelon kfc-xw1202DVC subs in a 4 cu ft enclosure if i go with the 12's and yes i want to go with a ported enclosure....never had one always had sealed so i want to do sumthin a lil different this time just didnt know if i should go with a partition or not and what would be the differences so thanks for lettin me know

and that dude bobista or bobtista or whatever his name is, is prolly "blowing other systems away" in his own mind cause who ever really wants to admit that their system gets outplayed or drowned out, nobody i know.
its actually because the majority of the customers that come into my shop and hear my demo car reach for the door handle as soon as the bass hits. i'm not an spl competitor, so i know my system doesnt post 150's, but for a daily driver with a single subwoofer setup it blows most peoples minds. i have random people come up to me in the streets and say they cant hear their systems over mine when i'm driving behind them on the road.

oh and by the way im running kenwood excelon h/u, 4 channel and monoblock. I plan on running kenwood excelon kfc-xw1202DVC subs in a 4 cu ft enclosure if i go with the 12's and yes i want to go with a ported enclosure....never had one always had sealed so i want to do sumthin a lil different this time just didnt know if i should go with a partition or not and what would be the differences so thanks for lettin me know
I would personally recommend that you get something other than Kenwood subwoofers. They're in the same league as Sony Xplod, IMO. What amplifiers?

If you're running 500 watts per sub, why not try out a pair of Incriminator Audio Lethal Injections, Audioque SD2.5's, or even a pair of Alpine Type R's or Pioneer 3000SPL's?

i have random people come up to me in the streets and say they cant hear their systems over mine when i'm driving behind them on the road.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Exaggeration FTW

its actually because the majority of the customers that come into my shop and hear my demo car reach for the door handle as soon as the bass hits. i'm not an spl competitor, so i know my system doesnt post 150's, but for a daily driver with a single subwoofer setup it blows most peoples minds. i have random people come up to me in the streets and say they cant hear their systems over mine when i'm driving behind them on the road.

and i really do believe that your demo vehicle sounds good, the only reason i said what i said is because of what u said, so with that being said i apologize if i offended u and that's awesome for a single woofer setup

I would personally recommend that you get something other than Kenwood subwoofers. They're in the same league as Sony Xplod, IMO. What amplifiers?
If you're running 500 watts per sub, why not try out a pair of Incriminator Audio Lethal Injections, Audioque SD2.5's, or even a pair of Alpine Type R's or Pioneer 3000SPL's?

you know what...... you're right, how about a pair of Diamond Audio D3's and i will prolly swap the amps out for sumthin else also i have kenwood amps and yes i admit they are kinda crappy, they play fine as long as u don't ask for too much from them as far as ohm load is concerned, put it like this my monoblock would much prefer to stay in 4 ohm mode anything lower and it will clip at higher volume levels

I have a site for you that will educate you and help you with your decision. You may consider this spamming but take a look the material and I guarantee you will come away with at least a better understanding of what you REALLY want.

Understanding Speaker Sizes

AND

Enclosure Design (straight from Kicker)

There's more material on that site which will enlighten you. Check out the Education pages on the site. This is a local stereo shop where I live.

I have a site for you that will educate you and help you with your decision. You may consider this spamming but take a look the material and I guarantee you will come away with at least a better understanding of what you REALLY want.
Understanding Speaker Sizes

AND

Enclosure Design (straight from Kicker)

There's more material on that site which will enlighten you. Check out the Education pages on the site. This is a local stereo shop where I live.
ok thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.