3k RMS suggestions

I would not trust that. That's the same thing people have said about a bunch of amps. For example, the crescendo bc2000d and dd m2a share the same board, and I have heard people say they are "the same amp." However, they are not. In most of these cases, 99.9% of users won't see any difference as they'll run them at 1 ohm on a daily system. However, you'll see a difference once you start abusing the equipment (dropping to .25 ohm and low voltages).
I know they'll run at .25 ohm. But I'm not gonna argue and say I know they're 100% of the same. But like you said they're so similar the average user won't notice the difference.

I know they'll run at .25 ohm. But I'm not gonna argue and say I know they're 100% of the same. But like you said they're so similar the average user won't notice the difference.
Don't forget that the Ampere doesn't have that magic sundown fairy dust sprinkled on the board. I hear that adds at least 6 dB's.

I would not trust that. That's the same thing people have said about a bunch of amps. For example, the crescendo bc2000d and dd m2a share the same board, and I have heard people say they are "the same amp." However, they are not. In most of these cases, 99.9% of users won't see any difference as they'll run them at 1 ohm on a daily system. However, you'll see a difference once you start abusing the equipment (dropping to .25 ohm and low voltages).
They are the same .. They can even be strapped together

thats funny my new ab amps are over 90% efficient, and clamp numbers on the vfl 150.1 are around 3000w give or take a 100w.... but my vfl 150.1 required a 250amp fuse...

here's T fade's clamp of vfl 150.1...

American bass VFL 150.1

-.4 ohm nominal. Rise to 1 ohm exact

-drop to 13.3

-2,981 watts
90% efficient huh? You do realize that 90% rating is at 4ohms or possibly higher, not at the .000002ohms people actually run an amp like that at right? Still seems like a solid amp, but stating an efficiency spec on an amp like that is very misleading as that's not any real world number that would ever be used.

90% efficient huh? You do realize that 90% rating is at 4ohms or possibly higher, not at the .000002ohms people actually run an amp like that at right? Still seems like a solid amp, but stating an efficiency spec on an amp like that is very misleading as that's not any real world number that would ever be used.
this threads officially jacked, op your going to have a hard time getting a good amp that pushes 3k for less than 600.

my new ones are hybrids not the vfl's.... and yes its 4Ω,

this threads officially jacked, op your going to have a hard time getting a good amp that pushes 3k for less than 600.
Yeah I figured, that's why I'm probably gonna go with the vfl 150.1 unless someone has a suggestion for say 2 amps that do 1.5k well and are strappable.

only if you buy brand new.... used you can do it all day long!!!!
All day every day. I'd be looking used if I were this guys. You can find some AWESOME amps for $600 used and in minty condition. Car audio is full of stupid people who need money fast and have to sell their stuff super cheap //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

All day every day. I'd be looking used if I were this guys. You can find some AWESOME amps for $600 used and in minty condition. Car audio is full of stupid people who need money fast and have to sell their stuff super cheap //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
this x100. As soon as you put in mounting screws and turn that bish on it's "used" anyways. Might as well let someone else break it in for you. As long as you get a high quality amp whether or not it is used makes little difference. I been using an Arc xxk2500 for like 6 years in various installs and I bought it used works as good as the first day I got it and that amp is probably 10 years old or more at this point easily and has been used for 90% of it's life daily.

i bought my vfl 150.1 off here for 340 shipped.... sold my arc se4000d for 800, there's a bazillion 3k amps for around 300-400 used, or if you go new you could get a opti for pretty cheap and their not bad.....

Yeah I figured, that's why I'm probably gonna go with the vfl 150.1 unless someone has a suggestion for say 2 amps that do 1.5k well and are strappable.
bro i swapped out some hifonics 2k for a vfl 120.1 and bro its night and day.... and i don't even own any ab amps right now but i must say... they are great amps...

1. less voltage drop than any other amp i've ran (with exceptions for small amps)

2. .5Ω stable daily (gives you more options for sub wiring and upgrade)

3. never gets hot, shoot never gets warm.. lol

4. handles abuse...

5. looks good..

6. good resale value, also excellent value to buy, just seen a vfl 150.1 for like 250....

korean made masterpieces!!!

CT Sounds 1400.1s do ~2K on 14 volts and, they're strappable. They're also stable at a half ohm, although CT doesn't recommend it. With two of them strapped at 1Ω on good electrical, expect close to 5K.

And new, they're right in line with your budget. Also, you could buy one now and another later or, I just saw a recent classified where two were for sale on the cheap.

They also have the best bass knob ever, with a volt meter, power & clipping lights and the ability to turn them off/on from it. :)

Hit up SSA for the black n blue sale. IA 20.1 for less than $600. Half ohm daily and ur good to go. Buy a 2nd one down the road if you need more juice.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.