3k RMS suggestions

jrdnhsnbrg
10+ year member

Pimped my grandma's ride
For my next setup I plan on going with a pair of XFL 12's and am looking for suggestions for an amp for them. I want 1.5k a piece for each sub. I am flexible when it comes to number of amps, meaning I'm ok with 2 amps and strapping them. Price is big here too, I want to keep cost as low as possible. Electrical is not an issue, so no need to worry there. Before I upgrade amps and subs I'll have done the Big 3, HO alt, and 1/0 power and ground runs between the front battery and rear battery. Front battery is a Super Start Platinum AGM, rear is an XS Power D680. What would power 2 XFL's at 1.5k a piece the best (and cheapest)?

Vfl 150.1
What's your price on one of them? When I finally am able to go through with amp and sub upgrades if I do decide to go with an AB amp I'll definitely buy it from you, and will be buying a XFL too. It will be a while though.

200x14.4=2880

If running a high voltage system you can pull about 3k.. 200x16=3200

It may pull over 3k wired under 1ohm.

After efficiency at 16 volts it should push about 2900. 200x16=3200, 3200x.9=2880

200x14.4=2880
If running a high voltage system you can pull over 3k.. 200x16=3200

It may pull over 3k wired under 1ohm.
You do realize that it is impossible to create more than 2000 watts with 200amps of current pull right? It's basic electronics.

You do realize that it is impossible to create more than 2000 watts with 200amps of current pull right? It's basic electronics.
You do realize you're an idiot...right?

P=IV. Take some basic physics or try reading just a little bit.

With 200 amps, I can make a billion Watts if I increase my voltage enough.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/waycrazy.gif.f4a380c3f94043939fd369defd9e6be2.gif

You do realize you're an idiot...right?
P=IV. Take some basic physics or try reading just a little bit.

With 200 amps, I can make a billion Watts if I increase my voltage enough.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/waycrazy.gif.f4a380c3f94043939fd369defd9e6be2.gif
Yes, i'm a moron, you're right. To an audio engineer that designs and builds amps you sir, are the moron. When you learn how to build an amp that is 180% efficient make sure to let the audio world know, you'll be an instant millionaire and a pioneer of a new electronics breakthrough for the ages. Nice try though.

Yes it is basic electronics, and you don't understand it.

Fuse rating isn't a reliable way to measure power output, either.
This is true as well, I believe high voltage rails and capacitor discharge voltage can make fuse ratings almost negligible.

Fuse rating isn't a reliable way to measure power output, either.
If an amp is capable of pulling a maximum of 200 amps it's very easy to figure out REAL power. You can call an amp whatever power you want but in the real world to people that actually know how electronics and current works it's the full proof way of knowing realistially what an amp can create. Which is why reputable shops don't sell 300 dollar amps that claim to be 3000 watts, that's known in the industry at the WLS rating, When Lightening Strikes the power input it will do 3000 watts for 1 second and then catch on fire. :p

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.