3k RMS suggestions

Yes, i'm a moron, you're right. To an audio engineer that designs and builds amps you sir, are the moron. When you learn how to build an amp that is 180% efficient make sure to let the audio world know, you'll be an instant millionaire and a pioneer of a new electronics breakthrough for the ages. Nice try though.
Please explain how zed manages 1,500 watt mono's on 40 amp fusing then ?

Yes, i'm a moron, you're right. To an audio engineer that designs and builds amps you sir, are the moron. When you learn how to build an amp that is 180% efficient make sure to let the audio world know, you'll be an instant millionaire and a pioneer of a new electronics breakthrough for the ages. Nice try though.
I'm also an engineer, and notice I've been around here for freaking ever. I know my stuff. Try learning some things before you come on here spouting your ignorance. I see you've been around here since 2013...Good to see you're a veteran member //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/waycrazy.gif.f4a380c3f94043939fd369defd9e6be2.gif

How about I break it down for you:

200 amps at 24 volts is 4800 watts before efficiency. Knock it down to a pseudo-realistic 70% efficiency and you've got 3360 watts.

So...Yes, you can get more than 2kw rms out of a 200 amp fused amplifier. However, most people are running on a 14.4 v max system daily. So they aren't going to have a 24V system, but it can be done.

Again...Try learning a bit before making an idiot out of yourself.

take it to the dome
no //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

But seriously, why don't you pick up that ampere 3.8k in the classifieds for $600. It's the same board as a sundown 3.5k. Probably some minor downgraded components, but you're not going to see any difference if you're not dropping to .25 nominal and running it down to low voltage. I believe TaylorFade did a review on it, and it seems like a good reliable amp. Made rated power and didn't go into protect, get warm, or light on fire when he dropped it to low reistance/voltage.

no //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
But seriously, why don't you pick up that ampere 3.8k in the classifieds for $600. It's the same board as a sundown 3.5k. Probably some minor downgraded components, but you're not going to see any difference if you're not dropping to .25 nominal and running it down to low voltage. I believe TaylorFade did a review on it, and it seems like a good reliable amp. Made rated power and didn't go into protect, get warm, or light on fire when he dropped it to low reistance/voltage.
Its actually the exact same as a saz3500v1 its not as goodas the newer ones though.

It's simple, they build amps that are 400% efficient (rofl)
You do realize fuses don't immediately pop as soon as amperage is exceeded, right?

And you don't need a full sized fuse on an amp to make the "rated" power.

If I had $600 to spend right now I would, but being a college student I'm on a very limited budget, especially with my anniversary coming up with my lady.

Its actually the exact same as a saz3500v1 its not as goodas the newer ones though.
I was under the impression that the board was the same, but not every single component was the same. Lots of companies use the same boards, but some upgrade components (ex. fets) and some do not.

I never saw where TFade or anyone reputable actually said the boards and all components are identical.

Not being a ****, just asking. I don't own either of these, or I'd open them up and look myself. I just don't want to mislead someone into thinking they are the same board AND components.

Yea, 200 amp fuse, that's not a 3k amp. It's at best 1800 watts. and that's if it's 90% efficient.
thats funny my new ab amps are over 90% efficient, and clamp numbers on the vfl 150.1 are around 3000w give or take a 100w.... but my vfl 150.1 required a 250amp fuse...

here's T fade's clamp of vfl 150.1...

American bass VFL 150.1

-.4 ohm nominal. Rise to 1 ohm exact

-drop to 13.3

-2,981 watts

I was under the impression that the board was the same, but not every single component was the same. Lots of companies use the same boards, but some upgrade components (ex. fets) and some do not.
I never saw where TFade or anyone reputable actually said the boards and all components are identical.

Not being a ****, just asking. I don't own either of these, or I'd open them up and look myself. I just don't want to mislead someone into thinking they are the same board AND components.
I don't remember 100% but I'm pretty sure the ampere owner told me they were the same amp. They definately have the same case.

I don't remember 100% but I'm pretty sure the ampere owner told me they were the same amp. They definately have the same case.
I would not trust that. That's the same thing people have said about a bunch of amps. For example, the crescendo bc2000d and dd m2a share the same board, and I have heard people say they are "the same amp." However, they are not. In most of these cases, 99.9% of users won't see any difference as they'll run them at 1 ohm on a daily system. However, you'll see a difference once you start abusing the equipment (dropping to .25 ohm and low voltages).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.