300/4 not reaching proper voltage for gain

lil azn 06
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Hi,

Im using a JL Audio 300/4 at 75 for 2 channels at 4 ohms with an Alpine 9855. I recently tried setting the gains for the amp using a 1khz wav but i cant get the amp to reach its supposed 17.3 V. The max it will reach is 11.9 V. The car battery registers 14.4 V to the amp and i know its not a headunit problem because my 500/1 reached its V goal and that before, i had the same problem with a older JVC HU. This leads to the amplifier being the cause, but does anyone know why it wont reach its potential?

Also, the JL manual states that the amplifier is not stable at 2 ohms, yet on their gain setting chart it still shows the amp at 2 ohms. Is it safe and good to run it at 2 ohms (bridging)?

Thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.