Participant count
  • Participant list

Madness0528

My headunit is Pioneer DEH-80PRS.

I have two sets of CDT 6.5" component speakers

I have one 8" subwoofer

I have three 4 channel amplifiers.

-------------

I am considering switching the DSP from standard to 3-way.

My question is this: With 6 channels of headunit RCA outputs supplying the signals for the front stage, how does one get the rear and subwoofer signals?

I appreciate any input and thanks in advance. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

You don't, not with this head unit or any current production head unit under $1,000. An additional DSP is required to keep your rear fill and properly tune all speakers.

Thank you for the reply, EWE. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

So would i be better off doing the 3-way front stage alone or the more traditional front, rear components and sub in trunk?

OR, should I add some sort of DSP to the 3-way so that I can add rear-fill and subwoofer?

Money is an issue. I'm not spending more than $200 bucks.

Thank you for the reply, EWE. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
So would i be better off doing the 3-way front stage alone or the more traditional front, rear components and sub in trunk?

OR, should I add some sort of DSP to the 3-way so that I can add rear-fill and subwoofer?

Money is an issue. I'm not spending more than $200 bucks.
Using time delay properly you can run a sub ...rear midbass and front highs....and make it sound like the substage and midbass are right in front of you...It just takes a lot of adjusting ...and time and patience

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.