Eclipse 8812 subs

JoshC
10+ year member

The Taco MASTA
Houston, tx
I've got my eye on a trio of these locally.

Question is what's a good price point for these? From what I've read the alloy cone eclipse subs were pretty good sq and decent output. Anyone have experience with this sub?

One or two of these may end up here if I get them, just wondering what I could get for them. They seem to be in great cosmetic shape.

I have a friend that has 3 of them. They have dents and stuff in the cones, so he gotem super duper cheap. He may want to sell them too for the right price. I have no idea what they sound like, look like decent little SQ buggers though.

I have a friend that has 3 of them. They have dents and stuff in the cones, so he gotem super duper cheap. He may want to sell them too for the right price. I have no idea what they sound like, look like decent little SQ buggers though.
I believe there tc9 based motors so they should should great, just looking for some confirmation and price points.

Had one before. It was sealed in a cube or 1.25 cubes. Cant remember. Had it in an suv. Sounded nice but didnt have enough output for me so I traded it. This was maybe 6-7 years ago and I paid ~100.00 for it.

Cant remember how much power I had to it. But 2-3 of them powered well, Im sure they will impress

Had one before. It was sealed in a cube or 1.25 cubes. Cant remember. Had it in an suv. Sounded nice but didnt have enough output for me so I traded it. This was maybe 6-7 years ago and I paid ~100.00 for it.Cant remember how much power I had to it. But 2-3 of them powered well, Im sure they will impress

I haven't found a woofer yet I liked sealed, but I've never ran a sealed specific sub. I know these retailed for like 200 in 01 or something. Just wondering what I could get in used forums

I have a 88150 15 and it is a great sub. They handle decent power, have good throw and play clean. They are TC-9 motors. The 15's are lowend monsters, I'm using mine as a home theater sub, it digs into the teens with authority. I paid about $170 for it a few years back and it is pretty much mint for a 10+ year old woofer.

I have a 88150 15 and it is a great sub. They handle decent power, have good throw and play clean. They are TC-9 motors. The 15's are lowend monsters, I'm using mine as a home theater sub, it digs into the teens with authority. I paid about $170 for it a few years back and it is pretty much mint for a 10+ year old woofer.
Yea the fs of the 12s is like 28hz

They sounds really good but not quite the output im used too, also i feel they like smaller boxes then standard. Ide say 3cuft net for a pair at 32 would be money but i dont have room for a dual sub setup. Now if i can find someone to swap me a icon for em, ide be in business.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.