3 ohm speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list

BenderD

CarAudio.com Newbie
Coos bay
HI I'm going to buy my son JBL gto609c components for his car the rms on them say 5-200 @ 3ohm. My question is can they run at 4ohm or what 5 channel amp do you recommend. It is his first car and I dont want to spend alot on his system. We do not have a car stereo store that is good in my town. So any help would be appreciated. The car is an 07 Audi A4.

Why do you say that? They are pretty standard component speakers.
Never mind I will just get them. Is that amp a good one to run them? I haven't been into car stereos in about 20 years so I'm out of the loop on everything. Thanks for your advice.

Last edited:
Never mind I will just get them. Is that amp a good one to run them? I haven't been into car stereos in about 20 years so I'm out of the loop on everything. Thanks for your advice.

Was just curious as to what you didn't like about them so I could recommend something else for ya. No way I would pay $300 for them.

Last edited:
If your amplifying the component set it doesn’t matter if they are 3 ohms or not. Most amps are two ohm stable so you should get a bit more power out of the amp. A pioneer gm-d9705 is a hell of an amp for $205.

Ok thanks. Do you know of a good sub to pair with it. Stock location is a 8" up under the back window. But if there is a better 12" sub in a box that doesn't take up his hole truck that would work too.

Ok thanks. Do you know of a good sub to pair with it. Stock location is a 8" up under the back window. But if there is a better 12" sub in a box that doesn't take up his hole truck that would work too.

Don’t mess with that factory 8 spot...just disconnect it. the vehicle is a 07 a4 right? those trunks are huge. A 500 watt rms 12 in a ported box will give most output. A 12 in a sealed box will be easier to do (won’t need a custom ported enclosure) and take less trunk space. Just keep it pushed back toward the back seat. What’s your budget for a sub

Don’t mess with that factory 8 spot...just disconnect it. the vehicle is a 07 a4 right? those trunks are huge. A 500 watt rms 12 in a ported box will give most output. A 12 in a sealed box will be easier to do (won’t need a custom ported enclosure) and take less trunk space. Just keep it pushed back toward the back seat. What’s your budget for a sub
Budget is a good one. $300 or less. I may just build a ported box where the port goes through the factory 8" sub location.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.