3.5" car speaker recommendations

NowThatsDamp

Hi, I'm looking for recommendations for some 3.5" speakers to put in the headrest of my Mazda Miata.

- Looking for speakers with a relatively neutral frequency response.

- 8 ohm

- Budget ~ $75 for all 4 , unless someone can convince me that it's worth stepping up the budget a little bit to get a significantly higher quality.

I'm generally quite tech savvy, but I've never bought car speakers before and have no idea where to start, the product tiers, or the relevant manufacturers.

I like my music as the studio recorded it, I'm a musician who listens to jazzy, classical and live music.

I don't need amazing, or want an amp setup that'll shatter windshields. The speakers will be powered off of the head unit; An aftermarket but rather standard looking Pioneer bit.

Also looking for a set of 2 6.5" speakers to replace in the doors.

- 4 ohm (I'm pretty sure - correct me if you're certain otherwise)

- ~ $50 dollar budget for the pair, again willing to stretch a little if it means a lot more performace

- relatively neutral, again.

If I said anything that doesn't make sense, or I'm clearly misguided, please let me know... Still trying to learn what to look for and there's a lot out there on the market.

Thank's for dealing with the noob who just set up an account to ask a question and doesn't know anything guys. I've pretty active on a tech forum... I know how annoying it can be when people post things without knowing product lineups and basic lingo. I appreciate the help.

If you would like it to sound good I would omit the 3.5's ger a decent set of components for the front and a small amplifier. Probably not what you wanted to hear but it will give you better results. Then we have to discuss a proper install with sound deadening and door treatments. A small sub would help do wonders if it's at all possible.

Hi, I'm looking for recommendations for some 3.5" speakers to put in the headrest of my Mazda Miata.
- Looking for speakers with a relatively neutral frequency response.

- 8 ohm

- Budget ~ $75 for all 4 , unless someone can convince me that it's worth stepping up the budget a little bit to get a significantly higher quality.

I'm generally quite tech savvy, but I've never bought car speakers before and have no idea where to start, the product tiers, or the relevant manufacturers.

I like my music as the studio recorded it, I'm a musician who listens to jazzy, classical and live music.

I don't need amazing, or want an amp setup that'll shatter windshields. The speakers will be powered off of the head unit; An aftermarket but rather standard looking Pioneer bit.

Also looking for a set of 2 6.5" speakers to replace in the doors.

- 4 ohm (I'm pretty sure - correct me if you're certain otherwise)

- ~ $50 dollar budget for the pair, again willing to stretch a little if it means a lot more performace

- relatively neutral, again.

If I said anything that doesn't make sense, or I'm clearly misguided, please let me know... Still trying to learn what to look for and there's a lot out there on the market.

Thank's for dealing with the noob who just set up an account to ask a question and doesn't know anything guys. I've pretty active on a tech forum... I know how annoying it can be when people post things without knowing product lineups and basic lingo. I appreciate the help.
https://www.parts-express.com/cat/woofers/15?N=19809+4294967118+4294964799&Ne=10166&Nrs=collection%28%29%2Frecord%5Bendeca%3Amatches%28.%2C%22P_PortalID%22%2C%221%22%29+and+endeca%3Amatches%28.%2C%22P_Searchable%22%2C%221%22%29%5D&PortalID=1

https://www.parts-express.com/cat/woofers/15?N=19809+4294967118+4294965077&Ne=10166&Nrs=collection%28%29%2Frecord%5Bendeca%3Amatches%28.%2C%22P_PortalID%22%2C%221%22%29+and+endeca%3Amatches%28.%2C%22P_Searchable%22%2C%221%22%29%5D&PortalID=1

thats just to answer your orignal question.... buuut.

Most important part is your head unit. Without a good head unit, you arent gonna sound neutral or good. amplifier power brings out clarity, its not for loudness its actually mainly for clarity. The most important part is your head unit needs at least a 24 bit dac, 13 band or higher EQ, time alignment, and 4 volt pre-out with 3 pairs of rca outputs. Without any of these tuning features, you are doomed to have a pretty sh*t setup.

I'd honestly get rid of the 3.5 inch headrest idea because thats complete sh*t for jazz. You generally want 6.5s in the doors, and tweeters in either the upper door panel or sail panel or A pillar. Why is this? Because you have ZERO sound stage at the headrest. A properly done setup will have it sound like you have a live performance on your dash and you literally distinguish each and every instrument in the recording right where they are playing at on your dash. You can tell if the singer is walking left or right. This concept is called soundstage and headrest and rear speakers will absolutely destroy and resemblance of a soundstage by pulling the stage back or eliminating it completely and just give you blaring noise that one cant even label as music anymore.

can anyone explain me about 3.5" car speakers??
Nothing to explain, its just 3.5 inch full range drivers or some are used as wideband mid/tweet hybrids. Generally used in 3 way active fronts as a dedicated midrange fiberglassed with the tweeter both on axis(aka firing towards the center or your ear) and the dedicated midbass driver inside fully sealed and deadened doors with acoustical treatments and rear wave absorption. You'll need an 8 channel digital sound processor to do this properly.

6822416282_56d4a62baf.jpg

Hey, that car is missing the steering wheel. Must be one of those self driving cars! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

Nothing to explain, its just 3.5 inch full range drivers or some are used as wideband mid/tweet hybrids. Generally used in 3 way active fronts as a dedicated midrange fiberglassed with the tweeter both on axis(aka firing towards the center or your ear) and the dedicated midbass driver inside fully sealed and deadened doors with acoustical treatments and rear wave absorption. You'll need an 8 channel digital sound processor to do this properly.
6822416282_56d4a62baf.jpg
Thanks mate. Got it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

NowThatsDamp

NowThatsDamp
Austin, TX
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
danmathew