2ohm rating on ab vfl120.1?

Participant count
  • Participant list

jstone2020

pa
I just recently came across the american bass vfl120.1 for 200$. I currently have 2 xfl 1022 subs wired to 2ohms with aan kicker ix 1000. Since i dont have the electrical to wire it to .5 ohms i have to keep it at 2ohms. Would i get more out the vfl 120 at 2ohms or should i just keep the kicker hooked up and wait to upgrade my electrical?

I just recently came across the american bass vfl120.1 for 200$. I currently have 2 xfl 1022 subs wired to 2ohms with aan kicker ix 1000. Since i dont have the electrical to wire it to .5 ohms i have to keep it at 2ohms. Would i get more out the vfl 120 at 2ohms or should i just keep the kicker hooked up and wait to upgrade my electrical?
Id snag the 120 bc its a good deal but u need to upgrade the electrical to run at .5 to get improvment over the kicker .ur not gona be blown away by that amp at 2ohms...id try to trade those subs for a pair of d4 subs and wire at 1 ohm if u were u

Yea, I paid a little over $450 for mine not too long ago. Even if it's ugly as **** and beat up looking $200 is a steal. The crappy thing is when you try Google power ratings for them you get 50 different ratings. It's like black magic or something. Anyone have any legit clamp test numbers? Not trying to jack your thread but what's needed electrical wise to run one at 0.67ohm?

Sent from my G870a on 38's.

I called american bass and asked what rms it did at 2ohms and he said it should do 1700-1800.. i dont know if i believe him though. He said if i ran it at .5ohms that would be bad haha

does the method of using a multimeter and getting your amp gain number set which in my case is like 63.5 before clipping and then using the clamp on the multimeter and setting it to amps and multiplying the two numbers together work to get around the right rms? if it does then that means this vfl amp is only doing about 700rms, i did the same with my kicker and got about 930rms.. my voltage stays around 13.8v to 14.0v, does this amp need more voltage to it because im sure its suppose to do more than 700..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

jstone2020

jstone2020
pa
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
jstone2020