2ohm or 4ohm

Josh154

Hey guys, new here. Just wanted some help quick. I have a 00 s10 regular cab so not much space to work with. I had a kicker comp 10" for a while but got rid of it and now i need to replace it. I have a kicker 500.1 amp that im going to use. Im thinking i want to go with a sundown sd-2 unless anyone has different reccomendations. I'm not sure if i want to go with a 10 or 12 either. Also im wondering about the ohms. I'll only be running one sub and don't plan on adding another. Could i go with a 2 ohm with my amp then and be fine? The sd-2 10 and 12's are rated at 500w rms so they would be getting a full 500w in 2 ohms?

Ok so from what ive concluded the kicker dx500.1 is not 1 ohm stable so if i bought the dual coil 4 ohm and wired it at 2 ohm i would be using all 500w from the amp?

Yes you would want a advc4 ohm sub,and wire it down to 2 ohms for that amp.You may not get the entire 500 rms out of that amp, but if you maintain 14.4v, you will get the most out of it, with having the Big 3 done properly as well as a good AGM battery.

Instead of the sundown SA you can get these C2 audio threatcon for $129 shipped

Threatcon-2-2T.jpg
Threatcon-2-3.jpg
Threatcon-2-4.jpg
Threatcon-2-5.jpg

Yes you would want a advc4 ohm sub,and wire it down to 2 ohms for that amp.You may not get the entire 500 rms out of that amp, but if you maintain 14.4v, you will get the most out of it, with having the Big 3 done properly as well as a good AGM battery.

Ok cool, i'm going to run a new power wire through and i'll do the big 3 while im at it. I have a super start extreme agm from oreilys thats meant for a full size but still fit my s10 tray. I think now i just need to order the sub and build a box! I'm kind of thinking a sealed box, but i could make a large ported box that fits behind the whole seat. I had a sealed box before with that kicker comp and liked it just wanna hit lower notes better. That comp kinda ****** *** tbh

Yup get d4 sub and wire it down to 2 ohms. I've also seen a buddy run his 2 ohm stable kicker amp down to 1 ohm. He just had to install 2 fans underneath the amp and it was fine.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Josh154

Josh154
Midwest
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
black05alti