2ohm options

Participant count
  • Participant list

dubnobass78

Hey guys, I'm just getting back into car audio after a long break. I am using an old orion xtr 500.4 for my components. The amp is rated at 125x4@2ohm and 50x4@4ohm. I've read some good reviews of the Polk mm6501s but would like some other suggestions. I'm heading to a local stereo shop tomorrow to listen to a few different brands, but the guy I spoke to made it sound like most components are 4ohm only. My current budget is 200-300.

CDT CL-61, CL-62, CL-62 Pro

JBL P660C

Remember that a sound board in a store is a completely different experience than hearing the same speakers in a vehicle. We have a sound board and a vehicle available to demonstrate our speakers, so if this store has a demo vehicle it might be helpful to listen to it.

I spoke with the guys at CDT. Very helpful. They are going to put me in contact with someone that can help plan out my front and rear stage. I know rear fill is frown upon so I may see how I like it with just speakers up front before I add any to the rear.

I spoke with the guys at CDT. Very helpful. They are going to put me in contact with someone that can help plan out my front and rear stage. I know rear fill is frown upon so I may see how I like it with just speakers up front before I add any to the rear.
Yes, sir, that person who they recommended you speak to is me. I will give you a call today.

Yes, sir, that person who they recommended you speak to is me. I will give you a call today.

I forgot to tell you last week I was going to be hard to get on the phone for a while. I was out last Thursday-Sunday on a business trip. I appreciate that we got a chance to talk today.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

dubnobass78

dubnobass78
Rochester, NY
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
trumpet