2nd Battery or HO Alternator

Participant count
  • Participant list

cf29qa

Newbie to the forum here!!

I have a 99 Tahoe with stock alternator and Optima Red Top 9004-003 Battery. The system I plan on running is an 800 RMS amp and a 2500 RMS amp with 2 8" cooling fans. I have also have the Pioneer AVIC-Z150BH head unit. My question is if my current alternator and battery set up is sufficient enough or if i need to upgrade either of them. I have already done the big three upgrade as well. Thank you in advanced for you help.

You'll want a HO alt. Your truck should be easy to find something used really cheap, though. Depending on how your voltage does, you may want another AGM battery in the back.

if it feels like your truck is struggling to barely keeping up all the electrical demands, go with the high output but if you have like no headlight dimming or serious alternator noise than just get the extra battery. It might vary from vehicle but the 2nd battery made my system hit loud and long without loss of volume. I just threw in my high output afterwards because i had enough to buy it but it really felt like it was unnecessary after the H/O install.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.