2nd Battery install question

Participant count
  • Participant list

Ramrod
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Ozark, Mo
Ok I know how to install a 2nd battery.. (+) to (+) and (-) to (-).....

I know 99% of the threads I find have their Main battery under the hood. Mine is not. Also many run the Same size or close to the Same size battery for their 2nd.. Mine is not...

So here is my Question..

My Main Battery (95ah) is in the Trunk and I'm running a XP750 for my 2nd (22ah).. With having both batteries in the trunk and right beside each other. Is it better to still run the amp off of the 2nd battery? Or would it be better to run off the Larger Main Battery? Or does it even matter?

Why did you go 22 ah that seems kinda weak...
Weights an issue.. My Main went from 55ah to 95ah.. So over all I more then doubled my ah..

This puts near what I need for my set up. If I end up needing more. I can add another XP750.

So either way... Does it matter which one I hook my Amp too?

Another Question... My 2nd Battery is just 1ft away from my Main battery. Do I still need to run 2 Fuses between the batteries or is one fine?

Another Question... My 2nd Battery is just 1ft away from my Main battery. Do I still need to run 2 Fuses between the batteries or is one fine?
Fuses are put in place incase voltage spikes of any kind happen and not for distance of batteries so its your call.

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

1 fuse is fine, and you don't need a battery isolator unless you plan to run your system with your car off. Some people don't even fuse for their battery bank.

As far as where to run your amp wires to, it really doesn't matter which battery you choose. They're so close, and the wire running between them will allow you to pull from both pretty easily.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.