2nd attempt at strapling two amps with dual 4ohm subs. Wiring question?

marquisbrah
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
They're both 1 ohm stable, but when strapped they become one amp that is 2 ohm stable. If box rise brings it up to 2 ohms you should be fine with proper electrical. Otherwise, you'll have to wire at 4 ohms with those subs. At least I'm pretty sure that's correct. let someone else confirm as I've never strapped amps before.

i do not take credit

SAZ-1500D_Strapping2.jpg

This picture should be pretty self explanatory.

* The slave takes the "-" connection(s)

* The master takes the "+" connection(s)

* The "-" terminals of the amps are hooked together.

You don't need to use both sets of "+" on the amps. They are there for flexibility. While you should always connect both "-" terminals on the amps together using large wire as general procedure it is not absolutely necessary to use both sets of "+" terminals. They are connected together internally in parallel.

SAZ-1500D_Strapping1.jpg

The master amplifier gets the input from the head-unit and a mono RCA from "BR Out" connected. The slave amplifier ONLY gets "BR In" connected from the master. ALL controls are handled on the master, setting anything on the slave is not necessary.

oh i already have the manual on how to strap the amps. i just dont know how to wire the subs. like inside the box. lol
You can only wire them to 1 or 4ohm... 1ohm strapped is probably asking for trouble. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif 4ohm, well, thats not enough power. You're better off selling your amps and getting one amp that is 1 ohm stable if you're set on running those subs.

You can only wire them to 1 or 4ohm... 1ohm strapped is probably asking for trouble. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif 4ohm, well, thats not enough power. You're better off selling your amps and getting one amp that is 1 ohm stable if you're set on running those subs.
oh i see....this makes sense.well my each of my amps is 1ohm stable. they are 1200w/2400 peak. so would wiring both to one amp be the best i could possibly do with these subs?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.