02 trailblazer LS grounding location on 2nd battery

Participant count
  • Participant list

Audiojunky413

CarAudio.com Newbie
I been on a debating thought about grounding my 2nd battery in my trailblazer. but I just can't figure out where to ground it I have a tiny feed back and I know it's in the wrong spot but I would like to see where you guys would ground your at. Much appreciated thank you in advance

The cheap, lazy, and might work good enough method is to ground it to bare metal. (If you have enough of a system that you need a second battery, you're probably past this).

The best way is to do it to the frame. You could drill through metal in a good spot, and use something like this:
Amazon product ASIN B0741H211X
I would bet that under the carpet there are drain holes. That are plugged with a removable plug if you don't want to drill through metal, and want to be able to go back to factory if you ever sell it. (Pop underneath and you can probably see em before pulling anything up, and should get a good idea if it's worth taking out the interior to get to em).

I used:
Amazon product ASIN B07QKPHMH1&
Amazon product ASIN B09B957KXX
Needed to take up a little slack and cut the head off some zip ties, and fed it between the two.

The cheap, lazy, and might work good enough method is to ground it to bare metal. (If you have enough of a system that you need a second battery, you're probably past this).

The best way is to do it to the frame. You could drill through metal in a good spot, and use something like this:
Amazon product ASIN B0741H211X
I would bet that under the carpet there are drain holes. That are plugged with a removable plug if you don't want to drill through metal, and want to be able to go back to factory if you ever sell it. (Pop underneath and you can probably see em before pulling anything up, and should get a good idea if it's worth taking out the interior to get to em).

I used:
Amazon product ASIN B07QKPHMH1&
Amazon product ASIN B09B957KXX
Needed to take up a little slack and cut the head off some zip ties, and fed it between the two.
I got some of those already I ll just remove the carpet and see what I find. The plan is to have the right ground for that 2nd battery the bare metal did that but it's not a good spot

Yes Frame is best if second battery is in the rear.There are plenty of bolts and even unused holes in the Frame that can be used for an excellent ground location. I like to use a Ground block inside for amplifier ground additions and cooling fans if needed.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...