replacing stock battery posts?

Wingsfreak9
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Howell, MI
my grand prix has two rubber boot things that the original battery terminals go into and then connect to the batt but i need to put in extended terminals. the problem is idk how to get the stock posts out to put the new ones in. seems simple but i dont want to break or cut anything if i dont have to.

r1c305.jpg

24wbin7.jpg

take off the nuts that are there and go to pepboys and look for a new bolt thats longer?
its not that simple though. the bolts are stuck in the rubber things somehow. i already have the extended posts i just need to get those ones out.

not to sound like a dousche, but maybe you shouldnt post if you dont know wtf your talkin bout. and stop worrying about your post count
Why don't you stop worrying what I do. And worry about yourself. As I said, I don't know anything about batteries. Thats why you learn.

I do listen? but how will you know, without asking. If the proper info is not listed that makes sense to the individual. Why are you arguing. Your going against yourself. Not everyone learns the same.

Grab the post with pliers and wiggle/twist the post out. It'll come out. My grand am has the same same setup. It's quick once you get used to it, most GMs I've dealt with were the same. If I could find a stock post, I'd shoot a vid for you real quick, but I can't find one lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.