2500watt+ rms mono amp

I need recommendations for an amp that can deliver 2500 watts rms into 2 ohm mono load. The subwoofer in question is an re audio xxx with dual 4-ohm voice coils(wired in parallel to two ohm). the amp has to be reliable(of course...) and it can't be super expensive(priced within reason). //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I will have a kicker zx2500.1 for sale after I finish repairing it. $300 plus shipping. These will do close to 3000 rms @ 2 ohm and are very nice amps.

I couldn't find the powerbass 5000 on ebay for some reason. i did find an xta4000d, not what I was looking for

The rockford was $1600-way over budget, unless used ones are cheap as heck

I have an Alpine mrx-m240, 2400 @ 2 ohm.
looks nice by the specs. but it only has 1000watts at 1 ohm, 2400 at 2? maybe a typo on the description...can you tell me more about it?

That's fine, send me a PM when you are ready. I will still have it.
by, "i'm not ready to buy", I mean it could be months before I'm ready with cash in hand. I have very little money to spend on car audio, but I save over time instead of cheaping out. If you're willing to wait, I'd be willing to buy, seeing how you have 100% positive feedback and are selling it for half the price of a new one. what were you repairing on it by the way?

at the moment there are 2 recommendations-

alpine mrx m240

kicker zx2500.1

They both are highly recommended and well known to be reliable. I'm leaning toward the alpine just because its cheaper.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.