Lanzar OPT110001D??? Or Genius G4B-10.1DK

jockhater2
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Lanzar OPT110001D Class D Amplifiers at Onlinecarstereo.com

Genius Car Audio, amplificadores, plantas, parlantes, speakers, cornetas, bajos, woofers, subwoofers, cables caraudio y accesorios

I found the genius amp on Craigslist in las vegas. Guy wants $900 shipped.

"Brand new, has bever been hooked up yet....
Genius is from Panama.
We run a car audio store in Vegas, so you would be purchasing from a reputable company and not just an individual :)

I will work on taking a picture for you"

I have heard a lot of good things about those Lanzar Optis. And that is a seriously good price for a 10k amp that actually does 10k.

@Spooney ;

The guts on that genius amp don't look too bad. And they say that they are korean made. What do you think? It looks very similar to that of the DD Z2LV, Atomic 7000.1 and the RD 7500.1 Just less capacitors and probably lower quality parts.

http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/mono-amplifiers/94170-modded-atomic-7000-1d-2.html

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-classifieds-old-replies-only/495244-rd-audio-7500-1-a.html

http://www.carstereoclassifieds.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2886

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the 7001d which is pictured. I only heard of the 12001d is the 11001d a new model and where can I find an actual picture
That is the only picture I can find of it.

I might go with that genius 10k. I had a buddy who fixes amp check out the guts. He said its a solid amp

That is the only picture I can find of it.I might go with that genius 10k. I had a buddy who fixes amp check out the guts. He said its a solid amp
Personally ivv had dc, ia's, stetsom, soundigtal u name it my two favorite is the incrimnator 40.1 and my lanzar 7001d I had a stetsom 7k it broke twice when voltage was no lower then 13v I would never buy a amp from south America again

This opti11001d is not even on lanzar website?
Class D Amplifiers - Digital Switching Car Amps at OnlineCarStereo.com - Brand | Lanzar | Descending Price

why is the 6000 and 8000 more than that 10,000

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

This opti11001d is not even on lanzar website?
Class D Amplifiers - Digital Switching Car Amps at OnlineCarStereo.com - Brand | Lanzar | Descending Price

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

I think it's listed wrong because every other amp on the website is the right picture and there's no 7001d on there

I'm very old school over 50 I ran Lanzar optic drives I had 4 12 with one amp to each speaker I blew everyone away back in the day in la when I would cruise hollywood . Back then they were made in chatsworth ca and were bad *** amps I heard pyramid bought them out and the quality declined The orange series Lanzar hit hard too. I remember back in the day Kicker were suppose to be great speakers because the competition series was sewn, I had an argument with a guy who had 4 12 kickers in a accurate ported box which were rated the same as mine we took out my lanzar 4 12 and put his box in my car and played dj magic mike do you want bass? his voice coils started burning you could smell it clearly. The original fiber optic amps were good amps of course Zapco came out with fiber optic before Lanzar, The old precision power amps were good amps until there techs went to go work for JL audio and Hi fonics sold out to the koreans the first amps put out by hifonics when they sold out were not that good of course the quality could have changed. Now most amps are made in china even Mtx although I heard there still using there same strict quality controls for the amps they use to build in az.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's listed wrong because every other amp on the website is the right picture and there's no 7001d on there
Yeah I emailed lanzar to ask them about that amp.

I am bummed that the Genius amp that the las vegas store had wasn't the 10k RMS model...I would have bought it yesterday.

My wife got me this for x-mass as long as I work on my son's VW New Beetle passing a Cali smog test. After doing a rebuild with a race bottom end (block) and a reconditioned head the gremlins from the old ECU have somehow made it run a bit rich in the air/fuel mixture, this caused it fail the test and rendered it non operational for a year. Now to motivate me (ex-VDub Tech) she bought this just for me with one condition "Make it Pass or Just Stare and Drool all I want". Boy that's one reason why we're going strong way past our silver anniversary, wife, I truly love you. Okay here it is, my very first post.

DSC00502_zps10259c6d.jpg

DSC00503_zps6e56cf79.jpg

DSC00504_zpsa7ec517c.jpg

DSC00506_zps7e12e43c.jpg

DSC00507_zpsc74b83bb.jpg

DSC00508_zpsa99c95ba.jpg

DSC00509_zps3ac16dd4.jpg

DSC00510_zpsd78511df.jpg

Part Two:

DSC00511_zps47e2b71e.jpg

DSC00512_zpsd4efffbd.jpg

DSC00513_zpsd8549f64.jpg

DSC00514_zps32ef8900.jpg

DSC00515_zps9f3bf43b.jpg

DSC00516_zps22c515fa.jpg

And this will wake up this two puppies sitting behind my MK4 GTI.

DSC00050-1.jpg

Anyone want to see amp guts of my Critical Mass UL-A4x350 V1, UL-A4x350 V2 and a UL-A2500 V1 as long as we don't obsess how much they are, I got them dirt cheap new. It's possible to buy them 90% below MSRP and thank some higher being that you did once you open them up and expose all arguments and debates it has caused. Just let me know if you want to know the truth.

That will be after the warranty expires then I'll get all the shots you want. Now you know it will go in my MK4 GTI I might have a problem making it fit if my resourcefulness doesn't kick in. In the trunk area placing this amp would be hitting both sides with the 1/0 power cables and RCA's on both ends and have no room for adjustments unless I do it before it's placed in it's final resting place. I have the amp measuring at 38.5" and trunk area is 39". We'll see!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.