250-350 rms sub idea's ?

conrow75

I need a sub around 250-350 wattage area cause ive got around a true 400 rms amp at 4ohms i can drop it to 2ohms but i got a hyundai accent and its only got a 80amp alt. and dont wanna tax the elect or upgrade it. I like to stay in that wattage range i dont wanna tickle the sub that being said i havent found much other than a mclass memphis sub which seems kinda over priced to me. So i need experianced suggestions.

Here's what im working with.

Hyundai accent hatchback

Want a single sub

Gonna use a ported box

Have enough room for a 2-2.5cu.ft. box

Want it tuned around 38htz.

Amp is kicker zr360

I have a alpine type r swr-1222d d2, 12 thats 150-500 rms that would sound great with that big box. The only reason im selling it is because I just had a baby and its just collecting dust.. its like new. Ill sell for $100 plus half shipping.

JBL GTO1214. JBL recommends 1.75 cubes tuned to 32 Hz. I've used this exact combination of woofer and enclosure on 400W RMS and it was a lot of bass for the money.

infinity kappa perfect 12.1 sounds great with moderate power. i have one in a 1.75 vented box @32hz with a punch 250 amp and it sounds really good. one of my fav. subs of all time. the smaller perfect 10.1 gets great reviews also

i`ve listened to several mclass subs and liked them all. put in an optimal ported box for best sound i didn t like them sealed. they are rated at 300rms but sound best with 400-500 watts imo. i like the infinity kappa perfects a little better as they are more versatile and will get louder while sounding good. the perfects sound great in sealed or ported and can take a lot of power but sound good with moderate power.to each his own i perfer the perfects but i could listen [and have listened] to the mclass all day long and smile. again the mclass do like a little more power than rated rms and are a little more fussy about an optimal box. go with memphis web site optimal box ported.the m class do come in single 4 ohm or dual 4 btw.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.