2023 F250 Crew Cab Upgrade

Participant count
  • Participant list

azmandella

CarAudio.com Newbie
Newby to the boards here .
I recently purchased a 2023 F250 . Needless to say the stereo is lacking . As the head unit is more than just a stereo I will not be replacing it . So a line converter will be needed .I have installed my fair share of head units, amps and speakers over the years but this will be the first time using the stock head unit like this . Before I start ordering I would like to find a schematic for the stock head unit . Mainly for color codes of the channels and guage of the wire .

What I have chosen for the system is .
AudioControl LC5iPro Output Converter
1-JL Audio XDM700/5
2-JL Audio C7-650cw Rear doors
JL Audio C3-650 Component System Front Doors
JL Audio W3v3 8" Micro Sub
Question I have is should I put the JL tweeters in the pillars or run them as a coaxial in the doors ? It's been my understanding you do not want to place the tweeters more than 10 to 12"s from the main speaker .
Anybody with info on the 2023 F250 upgrades would be appreciated .

Last edited:
Question I have is should I put the JL tweeters in the pillars or run them as a coaxial in the doors
I have my tweeters high on the A pillar directed at the windshield. That is about 3 feet from the 6.5s. No latent odd behavior thus far. On the contray, it sounds like a "tall" speaker if that makes sense.
Anybody with info on the 2023 F250 upgrades would be appreciated .
I think Crutchfield.com will have information you will find useful.

Ok so I started my install . I am doing it in stages so I am not without music for a week or two . I started by building and mounting the Amp Board . Then I started with the rear doors appling sound treatment consisting of Blackhole tiles and Boom Mat . I installed the rear JL Audio C3-650's with just the woofer in each door connected to the factory wiring . But ran speaker wire from the amp to the doors for later connection . The last thing I will do is run the eight conductor wire from the head unit to the LOC and then connect the speakers .

Funny thing was when I ran the stereo they didn't sound much better . So I decided to see what kind of voltage was getting to the speakers as the fronts played much louder . With the fader set 100% to the rear it was bouncing between 4 and 5 volts at 75% volume . Ok now I know why the new speakers don't sound very good . No way they are going to perform at that low of a voltage . It will be interesting to see what kind of voltage the stock unit is putting out to the fronts . This is a non B&O system . Anybody know what the front voltage output is . It Won't matter much as I will be able to equalize it with the gain on the LOC to the amp . And the gain on the amp .
AMP Board.jpg
Door.jpg

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...