Amplifier help

Participant count
  • Participant list

ben2003

CarAudio.com Newbie
So I’m putting 2 kicker L7S 12” subs in my car they are dual 2ohm voice coils. I want to wire them to be bridged at the amp with 2 ohm impedance does anyone know what amp that is not going to break the bank that would work best to be ran at 1500watts 2ohm bridged

Attachments

• IMG_1343.png
    IMG_1343.png
    166.4 KB · Views: 10
So I’m putting 2 kicker L7S 12” subs in my car they are dual 2ohm voice coils. I want to wire them to be bridged at the amp with 2 ohm impedance does anyone know what amp that is not going to break the bank that would work best to be ran at 1500watts 2ohm bridged

"I want to wire them to be bridged at the amp with 2 ohm impedance"
This not what you think it may be.

One does not bridge a monoblock subwoofer amplimer, just to set things straight. Bridging is what you do to a multi-channel amp to combine the output of two or more channels to one. You won't be doing that here, with two subs and a monoblock subwoofer amplifier.

With Dual 2 ohm VC woofers, you will need to wire them as follows for a 2 ohm load to the amplifier:

1709406705908.png

Those Kickers are rated for 750 watts RMS, each or 1500 for the two.

What is the budget, there are plenty of amplifiers out there that work at 2 0hms with decent output. The stinger and Recoil lines offer some decent sub amplifers for the money.

This Stinger puts out 1500 watts at 2 ohmse $200

This Recoil does too $180

3K 3000 watt Taramps $260

Are you set on the Kicker? Lots of 12s out there that I think perform as good or better for less money.

A couple of these 15" NVX for instance $210 each (1200 watts each)

12's $190 each (1200 watts each)

The dual 2 ohm version of these #280 each

These are outstanding subs $269 each

Last edited:
This not what you think it may be.

One does not bridge a monoblock subwoofer amplimer, just to set things straight. Bridging is what you do to a multi-channel amp to combine the output of two or more channels to one. You won't be doing that here, with two subs and a monoblock subwoofer amplifier.

With Dual 2 ohm VC woofers, you will need to wire them as follows for a 2 ohm load to the amplifier:

View attachment 57069

Those Kickers are rated for 750 watts RMS, each or 1500 for the two.

What is the budget, there are plenty of amplifiers out there that work at 2 0hms with decent output. The stinger and Recoil lines offer some decent sub amplifers for the money.

This Stinger puts out 1500 watts at 2 ohmse $200

This Recoil does too $180

3K 3000 watt Taramps $260

Are you set on the Kicker? Lots of 12s out there that I think perform as good or better for less money.

A couple of these 15" NVX for instance $210 each (1200 watts each)

12's $190 each (1200 watts each)

The dual 2 ohm version of these #280 each

These are outstanding subs $269 each

Thank you and I already baught the l7s this is my first time doing 2 sub I used to have a 10 inch kicker comp rt but I ended up under powering it because I just never understood amps and all that but thank you this helped

Last edited:
Thank you and I already baught the l7s this is my first time doing 2 sub I used to have a 10 inch kicker comp rt but I got a underpowered sub for because I just never understood amps and all that but thank you this helped
It's all good, they are still decent enough. That stinger is a great little budget amp too.

If you’re looking for a budget amplifier, I would look at the Taramps hd3000 2 ohm version. You can get one for less than $200 new. Set the gain correctly for 1500 watts rms for your current subs, and not have to change the amplifier if you decide you want stronger subwoofers in the future.

If you’re looking for a budget amplifier, I would look at the Taramps hd3000 2 ohm version. You can get one for less than $200 new. Set the gain correctly for 1500 watts rms for your current subs, and not have to change the amplifier if you decide you want stronger subwoofers in the future.

Id spend $10 more and get the 1 Ohm version so that later on if you decide to run a 1 Ohm stage it will serve the need. It will serve the needs for your 2 L7 Kickers @2ohms just fine also.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...