Epicenter and or DSP ?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Sinisterspawn

CarAudio.com Newbie
St.louis
I was wanting to add a DSP to my set up . Do I need a DSP and a Epicenter or am I good with one or the other ?
1000001025.jpg

They are 2 different things. An epicenter "restores" bass not in a track and a dsp actually allows you to adjust each speaker connected through it whether it's crossovers, time delay, etc

One more question , should I be using 0 gauge power wire for my set up or stick with the 4 gauge ?

Attachments

• 20240101_162445.jpg
    20240101_162445.jpg
    656.3 KB · Views: 14
after 40+ years in car audio, I've seen processors develop, peak and dissapear like old gym socks.

the Epicenter was leagues ahead of its time. in Today's world of DSP, if you still have and odd acoustic/pseudo-acoustc "odd hole" in bass and lowest range of the low end, the Epicenter can help. howeve its more of a band-aid than an acoustic fix.

Don't misunderstand I have an early 90's retro build with both the epicenter and the ESP-1 center channel unit as well. Love them both for what they are and how they fit in car audio history.

All that said what are you trying to accomplish or fix? what other amps/equipment are you planning? Whats the overall system goal? Audio control is GREAT stuff. and they have a couple-5 different pieces, including DSP packaged inside a few amps. Might be able to get a 2-fer with more/better amp power and possibly elminate pieces and reach your goal in less footprint.

~Rob

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...