2021 Tahoe single 12 recommendations

Ported with Fi and if you are only going to run a Saz 1000 then a single 12" then get a Xv3 with an extra spider in Dual 2 ohm and run it at 1ohm. Because those SSDV4's want power and it will not show its true potential with only 1000 watts or so. If you are going to upgrade to a 2k at some point then get the SSDV4.

I want to get one SSDv4 12” but not sure if I’ll like the sound of sealed or ported, with that said, which suspension should I go with (soft or stiff suspension)?

Saz1000 so should I go single SSDv4 1ohm or 2ohm (assuming dual 2ohm)?

Soft suspension (SFB1500) or sell the amp and get a Sundown SFB3000D with stiff suspension.

this is my thought process, buy the XV3 12” and if I end up upgrading electrical, I’ll have to dish out more than the current 100.00 difference to get the SSDv4, make sense?

looking at the Xv3, is there a sound difference between standard, dry or gloss dust cap or is it just aesthetics?

Last edited:
Aesthetics nothing more. If you go with the Xv3 then get the extra spider as it is free upgrade. I did 2 12" in dual 1ohm to run them at 1ohm and total with shipping was 488.

If you go to the SSDV4 then you need to go to a 2k, I would do the stiffer suspension along with big 3 upgrade and most likely a alternator of some sort if you don't have a high ouput. Those 2k SFB will do more then the 2k they are rated for and would be perfect for the SSDV4 the 3k is overkill on it. If I had bought those I was going to do two Cab-22 which is 2,200 watts at 1ohm, strap them and run said 2,200 to each subwoofer which would be perfect. As I already have one Cab-22 installed.

If you can fit a 15" Xv3 it is only 20 bucks more and the RMS is the same just a little bit bigger box is all.

Last edited:
I think you talked me into the Xv3, especially since I don’t want to upgrade electrical rn.

I have about 2.5 cubes of available space so either ported 12” or sealed 15”.

mom considering the 15” sealed since I’ve never had a sealed box.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.