2021 Tahoe single 12 recommendations

West1

Senior VIP Member
10+ year member
Feb 14, 2008
Los Angeles,Ca
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Looking to add a single FI SSD v4 12” sub to stock radio on a saz1000 amp. Will not do big3, upgrade ALT or replace speakers/HU. Just add amp and sub to 9spkr Bose system.

what conversion module do you guys recommend?

I asked a local sound shop and they said an L2 was needed. Unfortunately I can’t find any info on this specific model unless it’s abbreviated, so I’m not sure if they are trying to sell me something I don’t need.

Buck

[email protected]
Pro Seller
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
May 19, 2008
FL
Looking to add a single FI SSD v4 12” sub to stock radio on a saz1000 amp. Will not do big3, upgrade ALT or replace speakers/HU. Just add amp and sub to 9spkr Bose system.

what conversion module do you guys recommend?

I asked a local sound shop and they said an L2 was needed. Unfortunately I can’t find any info on this specific model unless it’s abbreviated, so I’m not sure if they are trying to sell me something I don’t need.
@LsGuy, can you recommend your line out converter option for this man?

OP, what you have to do is signal tap off some of your factory wires, and send that to a LOC, then the LOC creates a RCA signal that then your amp can use to reproduce bass.

Buck

[email protected]
Pro Seller
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
May 19, 2008
FL
I still would highly suggest you at least to the big 3 or at least do a larger Alt+ to Bat+ wire, and ground the alt with same size wire directly to the front battery, and maybe run a small rear battery. Just free thinking, do what you want.

Buck

[email protected]
Pro Seller
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
May 19, 2008
FL
I still would highly suggest you at least to the big 3 or at least do a larger Alt+ to Bat+ wire, and ground the alt with same size wire directly to the front battery, and maybe run a small rear battery. Just free thinking, do what you want.
Like you will have some voltage drops running 1000 watts off your factory electrical. Like you're kind of on that line of needing or not needing more electrical. I would definitely do the big 3, it depends on if you run a dedicated ground or not, you could just do the big 2 like I stated above.

West1

Senior VIP Member
10+ year member
Feb 14, 2008
Los Angeles,Ca
Like you will have some voltage drops running 1000 watts off your factory electrical. Like you're kind of on that line of needing or not needing more electrical. I would definitely do the big 3, it depends on if you run a dedicated ground or not, you could just do the big 2 like I stated above.
I really want to stay away from adding all the upgrades.

as per harness, I just want it done right. I’d rather pay a few extra bucks if I won’t have to pay a few dollars for something else if that makes sense.

West1

Senior VIP Member
10+ year member
Feb 14, 2008
Los Angeles,Ca
So I ended up going a different route lol.

I want to try and see how a 13tw5v2 sounds in a small space. If I don’t like it, FI audio it is.

I don’t understand this from 12volt.
SVC 4ohm sub can play on a 1ohm mono?
How would I wire it if so.

saz1000 is my amp.

Attachments

LsGuy

Manila Gorilla
Sep 11, 2020
Ohio
@LsGuy, can you recommend your line out converter option for this man?

OP, what you have to do is signal tap off some of your factory wires, and send that to a LOC, then the LOC creates a RCA signal that then your amp can use to reproduce bass.
I cannot recommend it yet, as I have not gotten around to installing and testing it out. I can mention though that it will be a Wavetech LinkQ.

West1

Senior VIP Member
10+ year member
Feb 14, 2008
Los Angeles,Ca
So I ended up going a different route lol.

I want to try and see how a 13tw5v2 sounds in a small space. If I don’t like it, FI it is.

I don’t understand this from 12volt.
SVC 4ohm can play on a 1ohm mono?

saz1000 is my amp.
I cannot recommend it yet, as I have not gotten around to installing and testing it out. I can mention though that it will be a Wavetech LinkQ.
Thanks for the reply, lmk when you have something. The sooner the better, ty!

West1

Senior VIP Member
10+ year member
Feb 14, 2008
Los Angeles,Ca

Is this right?
+ to + and - to -?

I’m not the best at understanding the wiring.

if I’m not mistaken, the fsd2600d will product 1/4 of that if wired Pos to Pos and Neg to Neg?
Roughly 650rms, right?

Last edited:

West1

Senior VIP Member
10+ year member
Feb 14, 2008
Los Angeles,Ca
Uh yeah. That will do 2600 watts at 1 ohm certified according to a lot of places. That is a decent amplifier

Lol. I know how much it does at 1ohm, I lack the knowledge of pairing and wiring to a sub. From what I understand, the amp is wired to match the subs ohm? If I wire the 4ohm JL, then the amp will push approximately 650-700rms at 4ohms.

Coolhand20th

CarAudio.com Elite
Mar 27, 2019
Wisconsin
He will have to PM you now as with the Pro Seller status conversations are turned off for some stupid reason by the forum software and the settings. I can send him messages but I had a conversation going before he got that.

Reactions: West1

West1

Senior VIP Member
10+ year member
Feb 14, 2008
Los Angeles,Ca
He will have to PM you now as with the Pro Seller status conversations are turned off for some stupid reason by the forum software and the settings. I can send him messages but I had a conversation going before he got that.
awesome, tyvm. I thought I was going mad lol

West1

Senior VIP Member
10+ year member
Feb 14, 2008
Los Angeles,Ca
@Buck PM me, I need a box design

West1

Senior VIP Member
10+ year member
Feb 14, 2008
Los Angeles,Ca
I heard that Fi is back ordered for a while. Be prepared to wait.
where did you hear that?
I’ve sent them 4 emails and neither one has received a response.
Anyone have their number to call and ask questions before placing an order?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Latest posts

Newest threads

Most posts - Past 30 days

Latest classifieds