2020 Frontier

Participant count
  • Participant list

Muzic
10+ year member

Tn
Hey yall, just had a few questions about whats possible in my truck. It is a 2020 Nissan Frontier crew cab. I am looking to utilize the storage spaces under my rear seat while keeping my seats functional. Wanting one box but wondering is a 10 inch sub the biggest I can fit? Would one or 2 fit? Also would I have to do a shallow mount sub? Looking for the most spl possible with the space I have available....

Hey yall, just had a few questions about whats possible in my truck. It is a 2020 Nissan Frontier crew cab. I am looking to utilize the storage spaces under my rear seat while keeping my seats functional. Wanting one box but wondering is a 10 inch sub the biggest I can fit? Would one or 2 fit? Also would I have to do a shallow mount sub? Looking for the most spl possible with the space I have available....
Measure hope much space you have under the seat. Figure out the max mounting depth a sub can have under there, and how many cubic feet you'll have inside of an enclosure, then go from there.

This should be your measurements

Width: 30"
Depth: 12"
Front Height: 5 1/2"
Rear Height: 3 1/4"
I just seen your post about doing an install on a 2019 Frontier. Maybe you could tell me also would I be able to keep factory head unit and run an amp and subs with that? Also based on those measurements would shallow mount sub be my only option or if not would there be a better sub option with that space available. I know it aint much space to work with under the back seat but would like a dual sub setup if possible.

I just seen your post about doing an install on a 2019 Frontier. Maybe you could tell me also would I be able to keep factory head unit and run an amp and subs with that? Also based on those measurements would shallow mount sub be my only option or if not would there be a better sub option with that space available. I know it aint much space to work with under the back seat but would like a dual sub setup if possible.

You can run the factory headunit using an LOC. Something like the AudioControl LC2i.

You could get an enclosure like this built and run 4 6.5's

You can run the factory headunit using an LOC. Something like the AudioControl LC2i.

You could get an enclosure like this built and run 4 6.5's

Does using the AudioControl have any change in output or quality? That box is nice would love to run something like that. The local shop here might be able to do something like that but I'm sure it's going to be pricey.

The Audiocontrol LC2i will give you a nice clean signal to your amp
If I went with the 4 6.5 subs. Would the db drive subs be your first choice? I have not been in the car audio world in years.... Basically since Resonant Engineering was still a underground company and you could get the custom re sexxx model lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...