Need some help with my Sub Box Design

Participant count
  • Participant list

Ste4lthe

CarAudio.com Newbie
So I designed a box specifically made for 2 8 inch subwoofers to be put into the area behind my seats in my '78 El Camino. I currently don't have the funds or the time to make the box, but I just wanna figure out if my 3D model is exceptional. I'll have the links to the STL file of the 3D model and to the subwoofers and amplifier I intend on using down below. If there's any other tips you feel like giving to me I would really appreciate it.

3D model download link - https://www.mediafire.com/file/hneg3vunkql132m/Duel_Subwoofer_Box_Build.stl/file

Amplifier - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FP3649C/?tag=caraudiocom-20

Subwoofers - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NHTZ4UM/?tag=caraudiocom-20

Heres the terminal cup in case you wanted to see it too - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07X6L1316/?tag=caraudiocom-20

Last edited:
I just did a design for 4 8's in basically the same vehicle.

Its a little low on port and airspace but is NOT lacking power.
It turned out rather well, doing 2 8's in that space should be easy.
Sorry... I'm not downloading something just to view it. 1.5-2ft3 net keeping the port around 16in2 per ft3 usually works well for most capable 8's anymore in my experience however. Power dependent of course.

I just did a design for 4 8's in basically the same vehicle.
View attachment 33213
Its a little low on port and airspace but is NOT lacking power.
It turned out rather well, doing 2 8's in that space should be easy.
Sorry... I'm not downloading something just to view it. 1.5-2ft3 net keeping the port around 16in2 per ft3 usually works well for most capable 8's anymore in my experience however. Power dependent of course.
How deep is that box?

Ok, I've attached pictures of my 3D model along with the measurements on the images. I plan on using 0.75 in or 3/4 in thick MDF boards for the build, but I can change it if you guys think I should use a different thickness.

These are the things I'm planning on buying since I sketched this build out with a $250- sub $300 budget. The only thing I don't have on my list is a wiring kit since I have no idea what's a good option.

How deep is that box?
It uses quite a bit of the available depth, it is designed to clear some of the contoured floor inside.

The lack of port made tuning it low a little easier (30hz) while still having SOME airspace. I was advising to go with 2 or 3 subs but the guy was adamant about 4... it is lacking port and a little airspace and I explained the pros and cons... but...
I just did the best I could and it turned out nice, he's happy and that's all that counts.

You can do so much better then skarbage and rockville. What is your budget? And if you are going dual 4 ohm so you can run at 1 ohm you don't need two terminal sets just one.

Once you give a budget then we can give you ideas on the subwoofer and amp.

You can do so much better then skarbage and rockville. What is your budget? And if you are going dual 4 ohm so you can run at 1 ohm you don't need two terminal sets just one.

Once you give a budget then we can give you ideas on the subwoofer and amp.
I would like my budget to be $250, but realistically I know that won't happen for good quality stuff. So I guess my budget is around $300, but could go over some if needed.

Just 3 that I can think of right now and all so much better then skar. For the amp going to be tight but something should be out there.

Just a cheap option I know others have had good luck with Orion but not sure on that lower option like that. Typical Chinese cookie cutter boards so should do okay for what you want to do.

I would also look around and see what used monoblock amplifiers are out there on DIYMA and maybe post a wtb add here maybe someone has a used decent one in a say Pioneer or something like that for 100 bucks or so.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...