2019 GMC Terrain 4th order "wall"

Thanks man! Yeah, it seems like everyone around me is getting it. I haven't gotten it yet. I accredit that to the fact I work outside, in the streets of nasty *ss San Francisco lol. I think at this point, I've been exposed to everything and am immune🤣. No, in all seriousness, I'm sure sooner or later I'll get it. Hopefully it doesn't kick my *ss too bad.
Do I like those tweeters? No. I haven't liked any bullet tweeters I've heard so far. They all seem too harsh for my taste. They're loud though! They are responsive, and aren't too muddy and they are crisp. Just... too crisp for my taste....i guess you could say. I don't know. Once I heard silk dome tweeters, I fell in love. The 4 tweeters that are going in each door in my build are all silk dome. I'd like to hear a ribbon tweeter.

I’m the same way with silk domes. I’d rather have 5 silk domes than 1 bullet tweeter.

I’m the same way with silk domes. I’d rather have 5 silk domes than 1 bullet tweeter.
I've just always felt bullet tweeters are very abrasive, but that's what they're designed to do right? Get super loud. Maybe I haven't heard the right ones, or heard them in the right setup, but yeah, I'm like you, just not a huge fan of the bullets. I like that smoothness I've heard from silk.

I've just always felt bullet tweeters are very abrasive, but that's what they're designed to do right? Get super loud. Maybe I haven't heard the right ones, or heard them in the right setup, but yeah, I'm like you, just not a huge fan of the bullets. I like that smoothness I've heard from silk.

Yeah, they seem to be designed to get loud. Depends on the tweeter, but there’s angles and distances that apply to tweeter enclosures, because the bullet tweets seem to have some horn-style designs. 9000 Hz is only 1.5” wavelength for the full wave, so there’s resonances and angles that apply to the bullet and tiny horn-like structure on those. Any sort of enclosed tweeter can be really peaky; they tend to have that issue. I have heard a pair of bullet tweets in a loud wall that actually fit, but it was just 1 pair. They actually sounded pretty good iirc. I’ve heard horn tweets before under the dash. They made my ears bleed 🥲

B4C26C5D-25D2-4983-8BAB-8A7B4D3E17C3.jpeg

0B716290-DBF5-4CD7-B8BF-671C4AD2D503.jpeg

But those shapes matter; cheap design and materials can be extremely peaky. A multi-band EQ would really help balance one of those out.

Last edited:
Yeah, they seem to be designed to get loud. Depends on the tweeter, but there’s angles and distances that apply to tweeter enclosures, because the bullet tweets seem to have some horn-style designs. 9000 Hz is only 1.5” wavelength for the full wave, so there’s resonances and angles that apply to the bullet and tiny horn-like structure on those. Any sort of enclosed tweeter can be really peaky; they tend to have that issue. I have heard a pair of bullet tweets in a loud wall that actually fit, but it was just 1 pair. They actually sounded pretty good iirc. I’ve heard horn tweets before under the dash. They made my ears bleed 🥲

View attachment 40395

View attachment 40396

But those shapes matter; cheap design and materials can be extremely peaky. A multi-band EQ would really help balance one of those out.
These are the tweeters in going to use in my truck. Beefy little guys just going by weight. Probably not the best for a car audio setup, but I'll make them work. They will be protected by a steel mesh screen as well
Screenshot_20220720-095026_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20220720-095041_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20220720-094903_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220720-094844_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220720-095013_Gallery.jpg

I will have a DSP, and I also have an Audio Control Three.2. Not really an EQ, but I have lightweight control. I will also have an in dash gain knob for the amplifier that will be running them (Cresendo s4), so I can turn them down as needed. We'll see if it works out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...