2014 Silverado crew cab

cardshark_04

Hi Guys,

I'm having a hard time choosing a sub and box combo!

Here is my situation:

I have a 2014 Silverado Crew Cab and would like to put a subwoofer under the back seat. I have a 400.1 Kicker amp from the past and would like to use it. Do I go with a Kicker compr or comprt? 10 or 12? Sealed or Ported?

12 RMS=800

10 RMS=600

12 min cubic ft sealed-1.0 ft

10 min cubic ft sealed-.8ft

12 min cubic ft ported-1.75ft

10 min cubic ft ported-1.25ft

CompRT 10 only needs a min of .4 cubic ft and Comprt 12 only needs a min of .5 cubic ft. for a sealed box.

I know space is limited, which is making me lean more towards a sealed box. All the boxes I've looked at have been either ported or sealed around 1 cubic foot.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I started looking at the Sundown SD-12 and it has a nice shallow mount. It recommends a 1ft^3 for sealed.

I have a Kicker L7 in a Tacoma (it pounded, and took up a lot of the back seat) and a Compvr 15 in the back of a Tahoe. I lack knowledge on downfiring, and underseat etc.

Anyone have experience with the SD series? Any more suggestions?

The sealed dowfiring boxes simply let u make no modifications to the seats or frame and still squeeze in a pair of shallow 10s/12s and downfiring is the method all underseat boxes use ..doesnt really make performance difference..my buddy has 2 sd10s in a custom made ported underseat box and its great ...but he had to do a 3" seat lift ....theres step by step on how to do the seat lift online..it really depends on how much output ur looking for and the amount of modification ur willing to do ....if ur set on using that amp it might not be beneficial to do the seat lift as a pair of sd10s will take 1000rms plus..if it were me and i drove the truck every day ..id do the seat lift with a pair of 10s on 1000-1200rms..still lets u maintain the full function of the rear seats

Thanks for all the replies, I really appreciate it!

Still need help with the decision, it's only $30 more for the Sundown SD-2 12 vs the 10, which is hard to pass up haha.

If you guys were going to use a 1ft^3 box and a 500 watt amp, would you go:

12 in sealed box?

10 in sealed or ported?

Thanks again!

Thanks for all the replies, I really appreciate it!
Still need help with the decision, it's only $30 more for the Sundown SD-2 12 vs the 10, which is hard to pass up haha.

If you guys were going to use a 1ft^3 box and a 500 watt amp, would you go:

12 in sealed box?

10 in sealed or ported?

Thanks again!
Id go sd 10 and try to squeeze out 1.25-1.5 ported and u will be much happier...im sure one of the box designers on here can help you out with a design for a custom box to reach ur goals and it will be leaps and bounds better than the kicker in a prefab sealed box

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.