DD 9515 or 9915 for kicker kx2500

2002XLT
5,000+ posts

Thats right bishes...
H-Town, TX
Going in my '11 silverado. Going to fold the backseat up since I don't use it very often. Want a single 15 so I can take it out easily if needed. I have a kx2500 and I was looking at dd subs. Just curious which would do better with the amp.

i have been using 1 15 " dd 9515 ported

at 45 hertz to burp

at 32 hertz for daily

it is in 3.5 net cubes

i have run 2 sundowns saz 1500 strapped , a RF T40001 , a hifonics maximus , crunch gp 3000d

The 99 is a monster. It will slam on your power or 3x your power. Both are solid options, I love my 95s. They play very well on 500 watts or 5000. They have never gotten smelly no mater how much I've abused them

I know both will slam. I guess my real question is which sub. With the power at hand will sound better and be louder? Would it be better to get the 95 series and max out the power or go with the 99 and just feed it rms? I know these subs will take a ton of power. But daily with ~2500 which is the better choice?

**** I give my 9512's 5k daily and they eat that **** all day for a pair. I love mine sound great and get very loud for 12's. I would choose whichever fits your budget best.

Money isn't the issue. Just want the better sub on the wattage I have. I'm assuming the amp will put out ~2800
if you can afford it go with the 99.. Being that the 95 and the 99 can almost do the same, but the 99 has a higher xmax to take the power you give it and with more force.

Where are you gonna buy the sub? Theres a shop on 45 by the woodlands that sometimes have some of the subs in stock, but most of the time they will have to order it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.