2012 Toyota Avalon - Need Advice for Wiring/Dash kit to put Alpine 7897 Head Unit in!

Participant count
  • Participant list

LordX
10+ year member

Hey guys - I just got a 2012 Toyota Avalon which I am liking more each day.

I am going to be switching over my audio system from my old car.

The Main part I am worried about here is getting a good looking Dash Kit so it doesn't look silly with the old head unit in it - and getting a PROPER wiring kit so I don't lose anything like car warning beeps etc.

I google searched 2012 Toyota Wiring Kit - and found a web page that had different things for sale - but I am lost... some are $17 - some are $75.... I would like to get the best priced option that is still quality. Same with the Dash Kit.

Anyone done this to such a new car yet?

Any thoughts would be awesome! Posting a pic of the OEM Radio.
dash.jpg

Thanks for the quick reply!

I looked up the 70-1761 and it lists compatibility up to 2007 - is that still right?

Also - the Alpine 7897 Has XM capability (one of the earlier models to have it) - will that ability transfer over with the wiring kit you listed - or is that a different connection?

I found this wiring thingy too: http://www.carid.com/2012-toyota-avalon-stereo-installation/metra-wiring-harness-4732357.html

Looks pretty similar. All I really need is power to the unit, since the rest of the system will be powered by the amps and fed with the RCA outs on the Alpine Head Unit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.