LOC to factory radio on a 2012 Audi A4

Participant count
  • Participant list
I want to istall a LOC to my factory radio becuase I will be upgrading my factory speakers how is it done?
An LOC is only used when installing an aftermarket amplifier. It is what levels the high output signal from the speakers to a low level signal for the amp's RCA inputs.
If you are only upgrading the speakers and using the OEM radio/amplifier, you want to know the resistance of the OEM speakers and look for a sensitivity of 90dB and above on the new speakers.

An LOC is only used when installing an aftermarket amplifier. It is what levels the high output signal from the speakers to a low level signal for the amp's RCA inputs.
If you are only upgrading the speakers and using the OEM radio/amplifier, you want to know the resistance of the OEM speakers and look for a sensitivity of 90dB and above on the new speakers.
Thank you so much for that clarification I didn't know that. I was going to go with Cerwin Vega H765C but seeing that the sensitivity is 88db for those speakers, I'll have to search for something with a higher db#. I'm also having a hard time finding a really good detail video on how to install them, if you have any suggetions I would greatly appriciate it.

Thanks for the link to this video, I've seen this one before but it's not for component speakers which is what I'm going to install and the part of installing to he component speakers was the crossovers... How to get to get the signal from the radio but I found one a little bit but ago that I think will help me figure it out. I really appreciate all your help.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...