2012 Toyota 4Runner SQ+ build

I received my subs yesterday. Now I'm just waiting for some more techflex and I should have everything. I've also purchased a router, router table, and a table saw. I'm trying to do this build right.

fcbf2caf6a98af625171a8b0b0e32cbc.jpg

We're getting hit with the snow now. Great looking build so far. I'm debating on doing the same for tweeters during my build, hopefully next spring.
Thank you.

Even though I'm not able to do anything today I did manage to find a picture showing that all connections for the radio are soldered with heat shrink. I guess I will need to print this picture off later for the judges. Seems like a good idea to put it in this thread so it will be easier to find.

A40451F0-0D49-4EA8-8098-A25DAF446013_zpshlmwejqn.jpg

Just for the heck of it, here is the deck installed.

52D797B0-A4F9-419F-9161-0A23BAF9545E_zpsepx2oxdc.jpg

It isn't much but after searching for almost two weeks I was able to find a counter top store that was willing to order me a sheet of Baltic birch plywood. I dug the trailer out of the snow and picked it up this morning.

1a245702445752e4e86fc46ee4205c65.jpg

Finished my enclosure today. I spent over two hours sanding the middle hole due to the measurement o the JL page being incorrect.

With that said, this was the first enclosure I have ever built using a router, table saw, and Brad gun. I'm sold!!!

a007a4883b17ac1ce44e972771fcfe3c.jpg

6850671ef46198ed0d73d1ddb95bc803.jpg

11d06d480802663096eb50b33e4803cb.jpg

Nice job with the vinyl. Got any techniques to share with the class?
Thank you.

To start I used a 3/8" roundover bit on the front of the outer baffle. On the rear of the outer baffle I used a rabbet router bit. This made the vinyl job much easier. On the vinyl I used DAP Weldwood Landau glue. I applied it to both the enclosure and the vinyl. I then laid the vinyl on the enclosure (while fighting the wind) and smoothed it out with a wood roller. I then cut plenty of slits in the sub openings and then heated the vinyl and smoothed it out with my fingers around the inside of the sub opening. Once I had it how I wanted, which only took a couple of minutes for each opening, I took the knife and cut along the rabbet cut which made it very easy.

Honestly, I think the key is the Landau glue. It is more expensive but it is worth the money.

---------- Post added at 04:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 PM ----------

Love that enclosure
Thank you.

Looking great Lowcel! 3 12s are going to be loud in that 4 runner //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.