2011 Tuscon Limited - No sound after ZAP

Much appreciated, I'm getting the feeling the amp is toast. Excited to hear your results!
Does the amp have one of these ports?
Screenshot_20230531-105304(1).png

It looks like your amp uses a digital audio signal (spdif). So no way to test that audio signal with a multimeter. I guess your best bet is to buy a used amp and hope it is the issue.
I like the price on that amp you posted, compared to what I've been finding when I match my old model number.

Is there really no way to diagnose the radio unit in a similar fashion?

I like the price on that amp you posted, compared to what I've been finding when I match my old model number.

Is there really no way to diagnose the radio unit in a similar fashion?
No idea how. All pins I see are outputs except the power and P/DIF. The other issue is that we do not know if the radio is the one not sending an audio signal.
I think I have an idea.
Would you post a picture of the radio?

Last edited:
I would check all fuses in the fuse panel just to make sure they are not blown. If they are not. more than likely the amp is toast sounds like to me. Electronics dont last forever. Car manufacturers use the cheapest methods possible these days

I thought maybe we could use a product called add-an-amp for testing. It turns out that will not work with amplified Tucsons.
Is the amp you posted above a sufficient replacement for this one?

They have different model numbers.

I would check all fuses in the fuse panel just to make sure they are not blown. If they are not. more than likely the amp is toast sounds like to me. Electronics dont last forever. Car manufacturers use the cheapest methods possible these days
I checked the ones related to audio/sound, but I can check out all of them and see.

OEM changes part numbers all the time for stupid reasons. Give you an example. My transfer case has 8 different part numbers but they are all the same part just a different revision or different internal part upgraded is all. Sometimes a salvage yard near you will allow you to do a pull a part if you want to yourself and some even do the calculations on what you pay by lbs some do it but the exact part of course. Something to consider if you have something like that near you.

Fuses all look good!

OEM changes part numbers all the time for stupid reasons. Give you an example. My transfer case has 8 different part numbers but they are all the same part just a different revision or different internal part upgraded is all. Sometimes a salvage yard near you will allow you to do a pull a part if you want to yourself and some even do the calculations on what you pay by lbs some do it but the exact part of course. Something to consider if you have something like that near you.

That's good to know. I'll look into a proper replacement, thank you.

Last edited:
I'm en route to a salvage yard a couple hours away, will report back. Gonna have them plug it in to my car and see if I get sound.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...