Kia Sorento 2011 with chinese Headunit Key1 and Key2 connection for SWC

Participant count
  • Participant list

Guber25

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello,

I just installed a Chinese Headunit and wondering for the Steering Wheel Controls if i need something else or if it should work..
On some forums i read that i can connect the Steering Wheel Remote pin to KEY1 of the headunit and Remote Ground to the ground. Other forums are saying that i need a steering wheel control Interface like Metra ASWC-1.
I don't want to blow my headunit therefore asking for recommendation.
There used to be another Chinese Headunit in the Sorento when i bought it and the steering wheel controls were working but it was running an old WinCE OS and there was no Android Auto so thats why i am replacing it.
Everything works fine except for the Steering Wheel controls.
Maybe in the old unit it was Canbus enabled? On the new one it says "No Canbus" but maybe thats because it doesnt see it...?
Can someone give me advice on how to do it?

Thank you

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...