Moved a side view mirror, heard large pop, and the speakers no longer work

Participant count
  • Participant list

FullOfNaCl

CarAudio.com Newbie
Someone driving my car moved one of the side view mirrors and there was a loud pop with the speakers no longer working after. Assuming one of the cords connecting the amp to the stereo was near the power cord for the side view mirror and it received some sort of interference. This has happened before, but normally it's just a loud pop with the speakers still working after. Rarely the speakers would die until you restarted the car, but this time they are dead. There is a little audio coming out of all of the speakers, but you can barely hear it. If you turn up the stereo audio, it sounds like there are static pops. The fuses connecting the battery to the amp are intact, the amp has its power light on, and the stereo menu still functions. I don't know if the amp is busted or what is wrong and I'm trying to see if I can fix it before taking it into a shop.
The car is a 2006 Infiniti G35X Sedan, amp: Soundstream Reserve RS4.2000, speakers: Kicker 47KSC6704. Any help is appreciated.

This will be an interesting issue to find out. Subscribed!! Are you running components? Ive had some caps blow in Passive xovers and a little smoke. ive even had a speaker come loose and the + connection ground out in the door frame/Metal speaker outlet from driving down a rock road

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...