2011 Shelby GT500 with stock nav HU

shake this
10+ year member

Helping a friend upgrade the speakers and adding a couple of amps in his Snake but it seems that we have run into a little glitch with the speaker wires off the HU.

We will be using a Alpine PXE-H660, is it possible to use the speaker level outputs straight from the back of the deck to the PXE-H660 and then run speaker wires from the amps back to the "now unused speaker wires" from the factory harness? we don't want to mess with trying to get new wires through the doors. Or do I need to go with something like the PIE AOEM-FRD24

Pac-Audio.com Product Details | iPod Integration for your car and More by Pac-Audio - Connecting you to the future

Only reason why I'm questioning this is because tonight when I was testing to see if I had the correct speaker wires, I cut the negative wire to the right front speaker but I was still able to get sound from it. It was much lower in volume but was producing sound non the less. Just didn't know if I was missing something when it comes to the shaker 500 system.

Oh and before someone says it will be much easier and sound better replacing the stock HU, that's not an option right now and something that has already been mentioned to my friend many times.

frontGT500_zpse441cad6.jpg

FrontpasssideGT500_zps8e1c6657.jpg

driversideGT500_zps4c353745.jpg

so where is the factory amp for the 6x8's, I thought the shaker 500 only had the amp for the 8" door subs (the one located in the driver kick panel).

If I'm using the PXE-H660 why couldn't I pull the signal before the amp and then feed the signal back after the amp? Essentially bypassing the amp(s).

I have yet to locate any other amps besides the sub amp mentioned above. Is the amp built into the HU?

Its a beast of a car, it's putting down about 800hp to the ground right now and he's about to send it out to have the bottom end built so he can shoot for 1000hp. We are actually relocating the battery to the trunk and adding 2 12's, he's having traction issues as is so a little weight in the back will be a good thing.

But that doesn't fix my stereo issue. LOL

What can I say...he likes the look of the stock HU and who am I to judge, he's the one with a Shelby, not me. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Oh and for those that worried, Ford is still using Radio Shack rejects even on 60k cars.

this is what we pulled out of the back deck.

IMG_0948_zps3fce6ada.jpg

It's a gt500 no need for the bs that's why no headunit man tho subs.... I wouldn't wanna rattle everything on that car... If it were mine it would sit in the garage besides for nice days and bank robbery getaways etc...

got the batter mounted and finished running the wires to the back of the car, will spend tomorrow running dual 4ga from the engine bay to the trunk.

IMG_0956_zpsc7facc65.jpg

Oh and just a few more pictures for you guys to show why we run slicks and need the extra weight in the back.

Stock blower

IMG_0960_zps6ce41462.jpg

And the Kenne Bell 3.6 Mammoth, we had to go with a King Cobra hood for clearance.

IMG_0959_zps318d7d65.jpg

IMG_0957_zpsf67079df.jpg

yep...liquid cooled.

IMG_0958_zps620695e1.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.