2008 Elantra system upgrade.

I'm going to my brother-in-law's this coming weekend and he's going to try and do it for me.

As for the subsonic filter, how can I set it on my HU? What would be an optimal setting?

I'm going to my brother-in-law's this coming weekend and he's going to try and do it for me.
As for the subsonic filter, how can I set it on my HU? What would be an optimal setting?
See what your deck can do, check the manual. Subsonic filter is pretty much an HPF set really low. If you can create a pass band (between mid 20s and about 70Hz), you should be fine. If you can't, you're stuck with the alpine's 15Hz. Your bro-in-law knows what he's doing, yeah? I don't know why this amp has a non-adjustable subsonic filter. Some sub amps (some Pioneers) don't even have one - it's okay if you have another way to adjust it, but for some applications this kind of thing proves lacking.

See what your deck can do, check the manual. Subsonic filter is pretty much an HPF set really low. If you can create a pass band (between mid 20s and about 70Hz), you should be fine. If you can't, you're stuck with the alpine's 15Hz. Your bro-in-law knows what he's doing, yeah? I don't know why this amp has a non-adjustable subsonic filter. Some sub amps (some Pioneers) don't even have one - it's okay if you have another way to adjust it, but for some applications this kind of thing proves lacking.
Okay, I had issues with my first trip to my brother-in-law's, but got went up this weekend.

He didn't have time to do anything this weekend as he was called into work, but on my way home I cranked up tjhe tunes a little too high from taking on the phone, but the speakers weren't making the funny noise and the bass was sounding normal.

At first I thought, "Oh no! The detail shop I took my car to before going to my B.I.L. had stole my new sub and connected my old sub back up as it was lacking in sound like my old sub." I pulled over and both subs were in the trunk still. WHEW!

I fine tuned my HU a little and it was sound 1,000% better. I guess my sub just needed a break in period like I've read before, but never experienced until now.

But now I've got a new issue. My B.I.L. is selling his 2011 Camry Hybrid to buy a new Subaru Legacy (because my sister is buying a new car, so he has to as well. lol)

Anyway I am tired of that small Elantra and I'm going to buy his Camry from him. Now I have to swap my whole stereo over to his car. He has a nice stock stereo with sub already.

Do you have any idea if it would have pre-amp outputs so I can connect my amps to his stock stereo? His Hybrid stereo has a lot of stuff for the electric engine, plus steering controls for the stereo.

Okay, I had issues with my first trip to my brother-in-law's, but got went up this weekend.
He didn't have time to do anything this weekend as he was called into work, but on my way home I cranked up tjhe tunes a little too high from taking on the phone, but the speakers weren't making the funny noise and the bass was sounding normal.

At first I thought, "Oh no! The detail shop I took my car to before going to my B.I.L. had stole my new sub and connected my old sub back up as it was lacking in sound like my old sub." I pulled over and both subs were in the trunk still. WHEW!

I fine tuned my HU a little and it was sound 1,000% better. I guess my sub just needed a break in period like I've read before, but never experienced until now.

But now I've got a new issue. My B.I.L. is selling his 2011 Camry Hybrid to buy a new Subaru Legacy (because my sister is buying a new car, so he has to as well. lol)

Anyway I am tired of that small Elantra and I'm going to buy his Camry from him. Now I have to swap my whole stereo over to his car. He has a nice stock stereo with sub already.

Do you have any idea if it would have pre-amp outputs so I can connect my amps to his stock stereo? His Hybrid stereo has a lot of stuff for the electric engine, plus steering controls for the stereo.
Stock stereos do not have pre-amp outputs. You'll need to use a LOC to get the signal to your amps. That way you can keep steering controls, etc. If you replace the deck, you'll need a special adapter (if one exists) to connect the steering controls to the new deck. This time, make sure you have amps in a good location:

1. Least susceptible to vibration (i.e.: not on your sub box).

2. Good ventilation.

3. Accessible for adjustment.

4. Won't get on the way of stuff.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.