2007 Pathfinder, AVH-P8400BH Install Help!

Participant count
  • Participant list

NickCR
10+ year member

Stereo Moron
Hello All,

So I finally got my deck and it's burning a hole on my kitchen table.

I have watched a few instructional videos on YouTube for getting the radio out. That really doesn't seem very difficult.

The problem I'm having is decided which Harness to use. I bought two brands. Metra and a Scoshe. There is one wire in different positions between the two.

Metra has a orange/black wire (next to the yellow, below orange) and the Scoshe has a black (on the edge, below red). If both the orange/blak and black wires were present they would be ... Yellow, Orange/Black, Black.

The wiring part for the speakers is pretty easy. No sweat there.

Also I got the $20 parking break pulse thing, which I will install between the HU and the OEM Harness. The parking brake signal is green and marked, easy enough.

Now the fun part starts. I also bought a AXXESS ASWC (Steering Wheel Control). I want to install that but the wires are really not clear to me at all. The interface has 10 cables. Here is a copy paste from their doc for my car.

Vehicle Information

Resistance Type Control System YES

Reference Ground Wire Color BLUE

Reference Ground Polarity (-)

Reference Ground Location RADIO HARNESS

Reference Ground Pin # 3

Control Wire 1 Wire Color RED

Control Wire 1 Polarity (-)

Control Wire 1 Location RADIO HARNESS

Control Wire 1 Pin # 4

Control Wire 2 Wire Color GRAY

Control Wire 2 Polarity (-)

Control Wire 2 Location RADIO HARNESS

Control Wire 2 Pin # 12

Then they link to this doc. Still not sure which cable I'm supposed to connect where on the harness. Or when I pull out the stock radio there will be a 3rd wiring harness for SWC?

http://contentdocs.installernet.com/documents/vehicle/10979.pdf

On the 2007 Pathfinder should the radio go in without any dashboard modification? Do I just screw into the stock braket?

One last thing, the microphone that comes with the unit, how do I run it up next to the mirror? Up the pilar? How do I get the cable there? Behind the glovebox? Does the pilar just pop off or is there a trick to getting it off?

Thanks in advance!

Now the fun part starts. I also bought a AXXESS ASWC (Steering Wheel Control). I want to install that but the wires are really not clear to me at all. The interface has 10 cables. Here is a copy paste from their doc for my car.
Vehicle Information

Resistance Type Control System YES

Reference Ground Wire Color BLUE

Reference Ground Polarity (-)

Reference Ground Location RADIO HARNESS

Reference Ground Pin # 3

Control Wire 1 Wire Color RED

Control Wire 1 Polarity (-)

Control Wire 1 Location RADIO HARNESS

Control Wire 1 Pin # 4

Control Wire 2 Wire Color GRAY

Control Wire 2 Polarity (-)

Control Wire 2 Location RADIO HARNESS

Control Wire 2 Pin # 12

Then they link to this doc. Still not sure which cable I'm supposed to connect where on the harness. Or when I pull out the stock radio there will be a 3rd wiring harness for SWC?
For the wires that say "connect to pin #X on the wire harness" you need to tap into a wire coming out of the factory radio harness. You can do this with 3M Scotchlok connectors(not the greatest but this is what they're made for) or you can cut the wire a couple inches from the harness connector and splice in with small butt connectors, OR you can solder and heat shrink wrap the splices. If none of this makes sense you might want to pay a shop to install this.

For the wires that say "connect to pin #X on the wire harness" you need to tap into a wire coming out of the factory radio harness. You can do this with 3M Scotchlok connectors(not the greatest but this is what they're made for) or you can cut the wire a couple inches from the harness connector and splice in with small butt connectors, OR you can solder and heat shrink wrap the splices. If none of this makes sense you might want to pay a shop to install this.
Thanks for your response!

I live in Costa Rica and they are not used to working with this kind of stuff. I have a guy coming by on Wednesday that does lots of installs. But each system is different and they always jimmy things up here (scary). That's why I went through the trouble of buying everything in the US including the harnesses and having them shipped-in. I do however want to take my time to solder up everything so that it's 100% and wanted to get it done before he gets here.

Tapping into the wires isn't a problem since I'm going to be using a harness for my car, so I can just solder it in right after the harness connection on the aftermarket part. I guess the colors specified above are for the stock wiring as I don't have GRAY or BLUE on the aftermarket harness (well I do but they are for Amp Power and Speaker).

Sounds great thanks for your help. Anyone on the difference on harness wires? Thinking it will be better to use the one with the gound as solid black as the orange black doesnt connect anywhere on the pioneer.

Anyone know about 2 din installs on the pathfinder if it will require any modification to the dash panel itself?

Ok I pulled out the deck and it makes a world of sense now.

There is a 3RD harness that connects to the radio for the steering wheel controls. Those are the ones you need to tap into. The only problem is that they are not, as easy as I didn't get a harness for it and searching around doesn't turn up a single harness for that purpose.

Maybe someone here has some experience and can chime in on recommending one.

You can order the Metra or Scoshe. The two wires I was concerned about don't even have connections to the car harness on the 2007 Nissan Pathfinder with stock radio. So you need to ground onto the chasis. I'll just put a longer wire and make my connections near to the radio so that I have some room to place with.

I took some pics of the harnesses and I'll post those up after I'm done for anyone that is wondering the same thing I was.

Here are some pics of the harnesses:

BiaiV.jpg

yeLmV.jpg

8shxK.jpg

C7vKr.jpg

a9dno.png

The only problem I have is that the Axxess Interface instructions don't match what I was seeing. The PINS were not in the right spots. Hopefully you can see from the pics the pin arrangement on the stock harness. Above the boxes demonstrate the stock cable configuration on the harness.

a: Yellow

b: Baby Blue

c: Pink / Orange

d: Yellow

e: Blue

I don't know which pin #'s those are either. But here is what the Axxess instructions says:

PGIK8.png

Is there a harness I can buy that plugs into the SWC one?

Does anyone know the correct configuration for the wiring on my car?

Thanks in advance!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.